2013 December SuperNovas - Are you having knee surgery in December?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Bonesmart.org] 2013 December SuperNovas - Are you having knee surgery in December?
The post op pain is completely different and can be well managed with pain meds and following the BoneSmart mantras below. The nice thing about post op pain is that it resolves itself and goes away forever.


- rest, elevate, ice and take your pain meds by the clock
- if it hurts, don't do it and don't allow anyone - especially a physiotherapist - to do it to you
- if your leg swells more or gets stiffer in the 24 hours after doing it, don't do it again
- if you won't die if it's not done, don't do it
- never stand when you can sit, never sit when you can lie down, never stay awake when you can go to sleep!

and don't overdo PT and other activities.
 
I had so much fun last Dec. 17 that I'm doing it again, this Dec. 17. Right knee this time. Yippee! My only worry is I won't be able to drive as quickly this time. On the other hand, getting out of the passenger side should be easier.
 
December 9th - rtkr - left knee to follow in 2014. Nervous but cannot wait!! Will be reading lots of posts till that time.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.​
Welcome to our latest and all December SuperNovas!​

[Bonesmart.org] 2013 December SuperNovas - Are you having knee surgery in December?
​
Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. However, please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting​
​
​
02 December 13 @MNDeb, @amackness, mariaw0121​
03 December 13 @denpucc​
09 December 13 @I'm so ready, @Lmalm53 (father's bilateral), Jozilla, Wildcatmo​
10 December 13 Ph$enix (her first)​
16 December 13 @Bassman, @B's Knees (bilateral)​
17 December 13 pdx​
20 December 13 @czak57​
 
My first post- December 10 first surgery- the other one will be done about 6 weeks thereafter...
 
December 9th, Left Hip. Scared but ready.
 
My best to you who are "taking care of business" this December! Please keep us posted as to how you are doing both pre-surgically as well as after the big day! Keep firing those questions and concerns to us---we are here to help and to support you!
 
Monday I go for my pre op testing and joint class. I'm really anxious and excited at the same time. 4 weeks from Tuesday and I wish it were tomorrow. The waiting is so difficult!!!
 
As of now Dec is the month. They just haven't come up with a date yet (two surgeons) that both can be there at the same time. It is looking like the second week of dec sometime.
 
short version - I have had three knees. 17 surgeries. MRSA and other infections and 4 or 5 different spacers. First knee was great for 3 weeks then I got MRSA and because of them not catching it fast enough and allergies to antibotics the MRSA was there for over 4-5 months. waited a year with spacer then got second knee. walked 9 months and it became loose. got third knee and the flap that I had after MRSA got cut and muscle died and in hyperberic for week. new flap and then knee kept dislocating and petella kept breaking. Been in a wheelchair w/ spacer and no walking on right leg for 2 years.

long story
bonesmart.org/forum/threads/my-3-year-saga-that-isnt-over-yet.11843/

now
bonesmart.org/forum/threads/nata-returns-been-gone-a-long-time.21385
 
I try to stay low profile most of the time cuz my story scares people. I'm the 1%.
 
R TKR scheduled for 12/16. Keep second guessing myself, maybe I should wait a little longer, etc. But ready to get down on the floor to play with grandchildren.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom