Guest viewing is limited

20 Days Out....A Few Questions

Yessirree!
Bye bye hip pain!:dancy:
 
Thanks @Layla and @dlp I'm sitting here drinking my coffee thinking a week from now I will be preparing for discharge with my new hip. Can't wait to begin living the good life again....


And that positive attitude is what will get you through recovery.

I can't tell you how amazing I feel at 5 weeks! Just waking up Post surgery with no OA pain was miraculous!
 
I've been trying to work out pre-op, but it's always a bad day the next day. My plan is to dial it back until I find what I CAN do and still be able to get around the next day.
 
So I am now 13 hours away. I cut the lawn this morning before traveling to Chicago. Spending the night at hotel so we will be right there tomorrow morning and no cruise from Indiana. Not sure if cutting the lawn was wise LOL as I am aching now but in a few hours it won't matter. So, this is probably my last pre-op post :)
 
The sunny healing side:yes!:
Bye bye hip pain!

Post when able...we are rooting for you @hoosier78
 
Ok last pre-op post for good....in room about to crash. have already gotten up and moved around...just little weight on leg....doc says success and overall feel great though sure meds have something to do with that. PT starts in morning yippee.
 
Congrats! I hope you rest comfortably tonight. Take your meds on schedule and ice, ice, ice.

Please start a thread on the Recovery side when you're able so we can offer you support and encouragement
while your healing.

Following are the Recovery Guidelines. Pay special attention to the BIG TIP toward the bottom.
I hope your night is peaceful!


Hip Recovery: The Guidelines

1. Don’t worry: Your body will heal all by itself. Relax, let it, don't try and hurry it, don’t worry about any symptoms now, they are almost certainly temporary
2. Control discomfort:
rest
elevate
ice
take your pain meds by prescription schedule (not when pain starts!)​
3. Do what you want to do BUT
a. If it hurts, don't do it and don't allow anyone - especially a physical therapist - to do it to you
b. If your leg swells more or gets stiffer in the 24 hours after doing it, don't do it again.​
4. PT or exercise can be useful BUT take note of these
5. At week 4 and after you should follow this

Pain management and the pain chart
Healing: how long does it take?
Chart representation of THR recovery

Dislocation risk and 90 degree rule
Energy drain for THRs
Pain and swelling control: elevation is the key

Post op blues is a reality - be prepared for it

Myth busting: on getting addicted to pain meds
Sleep deprivation is pretty much inevitable - but what causes it?

BIG TIP: Hips actually don't need any exercise to get better. They do a pretty good job of it all on their own if given half a chance. Trouble is, people don't give them a chance and end up with all sorts of aches and pains and sore spots. All they need is the best therapy which is walking and even then not to excess.

We try to keep the forum a positive and safe place for our members to talk about their questions or concerns and to report successes with their joint replacement surgery. While members may create as many threads as they like in a majority of BoneSmart's forums, we ask that each, member have only one recovery thread. This policy makes it easier to go back and review history before providing advice. @hoosier78
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom