2 weeks left to chicken out.. my random thoughts

You are giving yourself the gift of a life without hip pain and you and your family will be all the better for it!
We will be glad to see you on the healing side of life.
:yes!:
 
Good Morning,
I hope you're feeling more at peace today and are able to stay busy in some way.
If you're struggling....let us know and we'll help in any way we can.

Just as the rest of us were reminded in our anxious moments ....YOU CAN DO THIS! Getting to the other side
can feel insurmountable but you'll soon be there. You are doing this for yourself,
your husband and kids. Sunny days frolicking on the beach with your girls, without any pain,
await you. Picture that when you're afraid because it will soon be your reality.
We're here today, tonite, tomorrow morning if you need us, do this > :sos: and we'll be there in a flash!
Big hugs!
@Mascaramom
 
@Mascaramom Just one more sleep, surgery, and then we head to the recovery forum! What time is your surgery? Mine is at 11:30. I'll be thinking of you--actually I'll be asleep but you know what I mean. lol. Almost there. Really bad jitters today. Plus, someone hit our car in the parking lot on Friday. Luckily I was nearby and got the insurance info, but it's just one more thing on the stress list. Hope you're having a good day. All the pre-stress is almost done!
 
That magical day is almost here! Just relax and go with the flow - your surgeon has this under control and your life is going to change for the better very soon! :loveshwr::flwrysmile:
 
Hi everyone!! I can't thank you enough for being here!!! Being my ROCKS! Today was REALLY emotional for me, yet like a dream. It didn't really feel real. I kind of went through it on auto pilot ....


But.... this? You can't maker this stuff up... I had quite the experience ....
I got to the pre-op
They took blood, did an EKG, gave me hibiclens, etc
They give me a stack of papers to sign as they're discussing things. The nurse says, "So, you're having your left knee replaced....."
I was like..... um, no.
The nurse shuffles around some papers and says "Oh, must have been a mistake I see here, it says your right hip."
Um, no....
You guys........ it's my LEFT hip......

So they call the OS' nurse and got all the correct paperwork.


I go in tomorrow at 7.... surgery at 8.....

I'm sooooooo ready to get this OVER WITH.
 
Hi there.....
That is just crazy!!!
If your prep is anything like mine was....the first nurses you deal with in the morning will explain that you will be asked your name, birthdate and your reason for being there many times before surgery.
Most people you encounter in prep will inquire, nurses, your OS, anesthesiologist. The OS will probably make you sign or initial your left leg and then he (OS) will sign / initial it.
I got my surgery report last week. In the first sentence my OS wrote that before they began, they had a "pause for the cause". In the little research I did, wondering what that meant, I got the impression that they (everyone in OR) halts all conversation and states who YOU are, why YOU are there and name the surgery they are about to engage in. They'll get it right tomorrow so please don't worry about that one.
Although what you experienced today was pretty ridiculous!

Tomorrow at this time you're going to be tucked in all cozy somewhere, hopefully with a big old ice pack on your hip. You'll be so relieved to have surgery behind you. I recall it was a wonderful feeling!
Early morning surgery is great too, over and done with it lickety split. You'll probably be in recovery 13 hrs from now.....Yahoo!!! You're going to do great :yahoo:
 
@Layla They did explain themselves and apologize. They also mentioned that at least 85000 times someone would ask me my name and why I was there and they would definitely be marking my leg before they gave me any sedation. Speaking of sedation..... I CANT WAIT!!!

I also got a great sense Relief when I tucked in my children this evening. They are both so excited about my best friend, their Auntie, picking up my slack for the next few weeks. They are already looking forward to their favorite dinner that their Auntie cooked for them for tomorrow night. My 5 year old didn't even cry and I was bracing myself for that for 3 weeks.

@hipster333 ready, set....... GO!
 
@Mascaramom Know that there are a lot of us who are going to be sending you fabulous thoughts tomorrow. We will be watching to see when you post...it took me two days before I could get around to posting. Not for lack of trying, but found it easier once I was home and settled.

:flwrysmile:
 
They can give you something for anxiety pretty much right away if you're nervous.
Prayers :prayer:
Love :loveshwr:
Hugs :friends:
Will be thinking of you!
 
My husband just asked me... "shouldn't you be packing a bag??"
Aside from a nightshirt, loose pants, big undies , , my phone and charger, (I read my books on the kindle app), toiletries (toothpaste, toothbrush) what else do I need?
Certainly not my mascara :heehee: and hair dryer
I'll go home in the clothes that I arrived in...
 
Right, I did the same. Wore the clothes I wore there, home. Wear baggy, loose, easy off and on stuff.
Brought my phone, toothpaste, toothbrush deodorant, contact lenses. Lip balm too, lips really dry
for some reason. Assuming you're out of there in 24 hrs?
 
@Mascaramom At least your husband thought about a bag. Mine was so rattled he went out to the motorhome and got a cloth grocery bag that we use to transport clothing to and from the motorhome when we go on trips!!!!! I asked him kindly to please go get the little overnight bag out of the closet. It never occurred to him... Goofball! I'll keep him anyway.
 
@Mascaramom one of the disadvantages of having this surgery whilst young is that you are still a mum and feel responsible for your little people. For the next few days you have permission just to look after yourself and nobody else. In your kid's lives this will be a very small pause but in your life it will be a big thing because you will feel so much better afterwards. I can say this with confidence because I had surgery when my son was young.

Remember also, that there are always people on the forum 24 hours looking out for you and any other newbies, ready to answer questions or to provide some 'hand-holding'.
 

Staff online

  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom