Guest viewing is limited

TKR 1ELISEA – Over The Year Mark!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@1ELISEA, it was good to get your message and I'm glad the worst is behind you. You have been through a lot, I know you say you are back at work on Monday, please take good care of yourself. Thinking of you, xxx
 
Thinking of you :flwrysmile:
 
@1ELISEA

I checked out this thread after replying to you on my recovery thread. I hope the fact that you are posting and talking about hiking is a sign that your recovery from the ablation is on track. My sister has been putting off the same, albeit different strategies, surgery for over a year.

So, how are you as 2015 approaches?
 
Sounds like you have had your fulfillment of operations. So glad to hear that your are recovering fine now and ready to return to work. Merry Christmas and best wishes in the New Year to you.
 
Hi 1ELISEA , I've read through your current thread and I'm curious about your RTKR. After your rough start, how long did it take you to achieve flexion 135°? Six months? Less? Thanks- I hope 2015 is starting off great for you.
 
@icep707
Have you practiced jumping like Kam Chancellor of the Seahawks; now that you have a new knee maybe you can do the same? :)

@mcirish
Are you going to be out and about on Sunday exercising that knee or at home watching tv?
:whistle:
I did read up on your knee and hope it is doing better! Hope you are not bone on bone!
 
Well, I am at the two month mark after my cardiac ablation and am feeling a lot better than I did earlier, even in the last month I have improved quite a bit. I've noticed my stamina and even my oxygen levels are back up. Was beginning to doubt that was going to happen.

In another month I visit my Dr. and then can get off all medications if I get a clean bill of health. No more coumadin, yea!

It is curious that I've noticed even my walking has improved. I wonder if having heart issues was affecting my knee; because I feel stronger now than I have in a long time. Being zapped in the ER many times in a year was more draining than I'd thought! I never put two and two together but looking at the whole body it does make sense that each part is delicately balanced and fine tuned with the other parts of the body. Who knew!! :doh::)
 
Lol. Just finished watching the Buckeyes win college bowl. Great first half. Second half was too dominant for the buckeyes. I actually had a small wager on the buckeyes winning. Pretty much all my co workers had the Ducks winning. Ok now on the the big boys. Seattle will repeat. I learned early on that defense wins titles. And Seattle has the best defense bar none. I dont get to watch the games on sunday due to work . Thats sucks. i think the Patriots will win the AFC. But lose to your Hawks. Im fast approaching my 1 year anniversary. Im so glad and happy with the results. I go to gym 3-4 days a week and do full body workout including cardio,however i cut back on lower body weight training as it affected my knee about 1 month ago. So i stopped and my knee if very happy. I stopped weights on my legs. Just alot of biking,arch trainer and 15% incline walking at 4 mph. Havent had time to read your thread but im congratulating you on what i think will be a repeat superbowl victory, best wishes ,iceman
 
how long did it take you to achieve flexion 135°

Less than 6 months after finally being allowed to walk again. It was slow though, in that I didn't hurt myself obtaining it. Haven't measured for awhile so not sure what I'm at now; probably less but enough to function daily.

While recuperating, I never did deep knee bends; because as soon as my knee was good I hurt my ankle so those were out. Had my left ankle either in a walking cast or wrapped pretty heavily.

I used the principles of slow, steady and active; would sit in a straight back chair and roll a ball back and forth with my right TKR knee/leg, having to bend my knee a little farther to retrieve it from under the chair with my foot. Or roll back and forth in my desk chair keeping that leg down on the floor.

Anyway, things like that. I also have a deep flexion implant. They removed the ACL and PCL and it is supposed to be able to bend farther that way. By the way, I didn't choose the implant based on the type; I chose the surgeon who chose the non-nickel implant. So if I'd never gotten to 135 I would have been perfectly happy. My concern was and still is not reacting to the metals in the implant.
 
I'm glad to hear you're feeling better after your ablation. I think you'll find it will continue as the next year goes by. All that heart stuff does take a toll on a person's body.
 
I hope the fact that you are posting and talking about hiking is a sign that your recovery from the ablation is on track

I think it's finally getting there. Now I'm so out of shape it's good I have Spring approaching so I can do some walking.

@Jamie

Well, I'm having my 3 month post ablation checkup this week.
It's the first January in years I haven't gone into afib so that's a good sign!

Been off enjoying myself the last few weeks. Waaaaiiiiiting for it to be light when I get off work so I can do things outside and get in hiking shape!
 
Hi @1ELISEA
I'm glad to hear that your knee and your heart are both feeling and behaving better! :happydance::yes!:

Best wishes for your post-ablation check-up.
 
Hi @1ELISEA

Things are sounding really positive. I glad your getting better. Good luck at your check up. Will look forward to your update x x x

Love Ann x x x
 
I like the sound of that "no a-fib" report! One thing I've noticed is that since I am doing a bit more walking and exercise, I don't seem to have any a-fib issues. Even after my ablation I would get one small episode every 3-4 months, but I can't remember the last one I had. I hope you find this to be true too. I still say ablation is the best thing going!!!
 
I still say ablation is the best thing going!!!
Eh, not there yet.......
Even my primary care said my recovery was more involved [symptomatic and longer] than her other patients who have had one.
It's nothing I care to repeat so it better be fixed!
 
What's that thing Tim (Referee54) always says? ......Patience, Grasshopper.....patience!!! :heehee:

I believe you'll be a fan one of these days. But you most certainly have gone through a lot of post-ablation stuff.....hopefully it will fade away soon! Those "no a-fib" reports are so good to hear.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom