Guest viewing is limited

TKR 1ELISEA – Over The Year Mark!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, starting my new journey today to fix my heart!
Wish me luck!:SUNsmile:

(And if I don't post right away after I get out of the hospital, it's because I am having issues with my internet service.)
 
[Bonesmart.org] 1ELISEA – Over The Year Mark!


@1ELISEA Good luck with your operation. We will all be waiting for your news afterwards. I know that this is a knee site but you know you can post about this in here. So many people can help you and support you. Recovery is recovery. I'm sure that you are going to be just fine. You've had some lovely messages the last few weeks. I'm going to post on to my thread and ask my friends on there to send thoughts and prayers your way, from all around. You're a lovely woman, kind and caring and you will be kept safe xxxxx

All my love from Ann

Nana moon 27 xxxx
 
Good luck will think good thoughts for your recovery, but be warned being male thinking isnt my forte
 
@Legin That's no excuse and one that's never worked with me ha ha! :heehee:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Errrrrr you arent male I know my eyes are bsd but not that bad x
 
@1ELISEA ... I am not sure with the time difference, but all the very best for your operation. I will keep everything crossed and pray that it all turns out brilliantly for you. Once you are feeling up to it and have internet connections, please let us know how you are getting on.

Praying and hoping all goes well for you .... Hugs ... Ellen:angel:
 
@1ELISEA, just wanted to send you best wishes for a speedy recovery, I hope you feel much better very soon.
Lyn xxx
 
Home this afternoon. Wasn't the most fun I've had, ever.
Dr. confident he cured me.
Heart feels heavy, still recovering. I will call the drs office tomorrow to check it out but think I'm fine.
No temperature or anything.
Will write more when I'm not so tired.
 
I'm glad to hear it's all over and that you are home.

Look after yourself now and please get back to us when you aren't feeling so tired.
 
Take care of yourself. Glad you are home.


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
LTKR Sept 13 2011
Revision April 15 2014
 
Hi @1ELISEA

Welcome home. Well done and now you can start to heal. I'll check in later once you've had a rest xx

Love from Nana moon 27 xxx xox
 
I've been home for a week. After a slow start including a trip to the ER, I'm feeling better than I was immediately following the cardiac ablation but not as gung-ho and ready to tackle the world as I had expected by this time.

I sooooo compare this to a TKR, not as long a recovery but it is difficult. I'd read about other patients who claimed they were up and about in two days and ready to go back to work. Not this kiddo, I am still napping and getting my strength back.

A trip to the ER last week because I could not breathe was quite worrisome, and may have set me back some. My heart felt so heavy and I really could not breathe or catch my breath.

After several tests to rule out things like blood clots and fluid around the heart, I went home to recover more in my own bed. Apparently some of us take longer to heal than others; and as the Emergency Physician pointed out, I had general anesthesia, breathing tube, many hours of surgery, my heart burned, punctured and invaded, it was allowed to be a bit cranky.

After my post recovery appointment yesterday with the nurse practitioner, she felt I was recovering fine, but slower than others, and that I'd be feeling much better in another couple of weeks. She did think I might be having more symptoms over the next couple of months and explained what to do if that happens. (Yikes!)

I'm am scheduled to return to work on Monday so time will tell.
Thank you for all of your prayers and good thoughts; much appreciated! :SUNsmile:


1ELISEA


Up past my bedtime; must get to bed. :yawn:

@yiayia3 @Nana moon 27 @Ellejay @NetballKnees @Legin @Chihuahuan @Jamie
 
Hi @1ELISEA

So you really have to return to work on Monday. Could you not be signed off for a while longer, especially as your recovery is slower than some.

You are living proof of how recovery is individual. You know like they say about the state and condition of our knees pre op I bet it's the same with any surgery.

I am just relieved that you are still here with us and recovering. Nothing else matters. If you can afford not to go in for another week or two it might pay for you to go down that route. Trouble none of us know about individual circumstances and sometimes that's the thing that forces us back before time. It's a menace x

Anyway.....
[Bonesmart.org] 1ELISEA – Over The Year Mark!

Love Nana moon 27 xox
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom