Bilateral THR 15 hrs post op bilateral THRs

Status
Not open for further replies.
jenb.....so sorry to hear you've had to go to the ER. Please do let us know how you are!

When you can, would you mind adding your latest surgery to your signature? It will help those of us who would like to respond to your thread.
 
:friends: and :angel: for you jenb! I will be praying for you
 
Hi @jenb, I merged your two threads as we prefer to have just one for context :) - thanks
 
@jenb , you are in our thoughts. Please update when you can.
 
@jenb so sorry you've had to make a trip to the er. You're in the right place though in case it is something. Please let us know when you are able how you're doing. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
 
@jenb Sorry you had to go to the ER. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. Plese keep us posted.

Peace and love to you.
 
@jenb there are a lot of folks waiting for an update, please
let us know how things went at the ER and if you have been
able to resolve any of the issues
:console2:
 
Hello everyone.
Well the last few days have been a nightmare and I'm just grateful I'm here and able to Post this. I have a pulmonary embolism. I had a Code Blue team in my room twice the other day. I just got home and beyond grateful to be alive! That's all I can say for now. I'm really worn out. Thank you for all your kind thoughts.
Jen
 
@jenb,,Oh Jen so glad you are home. My thoughts and prayers go out to you. Such an ordeal...I'm sure you are worn out..Rest Jen and get well..:SUNsmile: Things can only get better for you.:console2:
 
Ditto!! So sorry that this additional challenge arose - as if BTHR wasn't more than enough!!! But so glad it was detected and you are being treated. Sending prayers and healing thoughts. Update us on how you are doing when you feel up to it.
 
@jenb So sorry to hear this news. My goodness! I'm glad you are home and recovering from what must have been a nightmare! Please keep us posted. Sending hugs. Peggy xo
 
whoah @jenb . how awful and scary. you sure have been through hell and back. at least you got back. what an ordeal. I really hope it just gets better from now on. thanks for letting us know.
 
@jenb girl I am so sorry you have gone through so much in the last few weeks, but so thankful they were able to catch it and terra you. Rest up girl. We will be praying for you. Judy
 
@jenb, so glad they found and were able to treat this terrible thing - how frightening it must have been for you! Thank you for letting us know and my very best wishes for your recovery!
 
Thank goodness the doctors were able to catch this quickly @jenb ! It must have been very upsetting to feel so awful. Hopefully you are well on the way to recovery now both from the embolism and from your hip surgery!
 
I can appreciate how scary that was for you @jenb, I am so pleased you are home now.

You are very brave as it is later when one is trying to process the severity of what has occurred that sometimes the shock sets in. Be kind and gentle with your self sweet thing. There will be time to process all that has occurred. The main thing to constantly remind yourself, is yes, you are here with us and we are here it support you. You had the best of medical care and will have ongoing monitoring.... You were/are in good hands :) xxxxxx

The reason I can relate is that I spent five days in ICU in a constant state of 'code blue' with the alarms going off every few seconds (according to DH). The ICU team including the ICU Registrar, ICU Consultants, Cardiologist, my Renal Specialist and ICU nursing staff were unable to leave my bed 24/5. They had an extra roster team looking after me. With all three code blue criteria relevant, cardiac or pending cardiac arrest, threatened airway, and the possibly of potential major hemorrhage and the added complications of complete kidney failure. Multiple blood transfusions, you name it, I received it.

I never wrote up the pure gravity of my situation on my thread later as in typical Aussie form we tend to make light of even the most serious events. I was unconscious most of the time, have very little memory of what occurred and DH was in total shock for the five days. Apparently he wrote all of my first post op postings on BoneSmart! I read them later.. He was funny!

But your event has brought it flooding back, especially as I had X-rays for my other hip yesterday to see my OS soon.

I look forward to following your journey more closely Jen. It takes someone to go through this type of experience to understand - hugs from down under..
 
@jenb like everyone else I can only say how terrible an experience this must've been & how glad I am that you came through it... on TOP of all that the BTHR has entailed. You're a brave girl & I admire you.

Ellen
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom