TKR 12 Week check up, suck it up girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to have them done at least six weeks apart. In my opinion, and of course I didn't have a choice, but i am glad that I had time in between. Of course you are talking to a woman who walked with bone on bone for 6 years. I have a very high tolerance for pain. I was glad when I had the second one done though, because then I wasn't shorter on one side any longer. I went from 5'8 back to my original height of 5'9 1/2
 
I was glad when I had the second one done though, because then I wasn't shorter on one side any longer. I went from 5'8 back to my original height of 5'9 1/2
Wow! That's a whole lot of Quasimoto. :loll: Seriously, I always felt one of my legs was lightly shorter than the other after surgery. Just glad they will both be on the road to recovery soon.

Dancer, how's your week going so far? Hope you are getting all the rest and Ice Ice Baby that you need. :egypdance:
 
They say that with the bones grinding down, you lose height and for 6 years my sister was happy because not only was she older than me she was taller than me! Well, 1 out of two ain't bad now! LOL:rotfl:
 
So I made through my first full week. I was tough, my knee hurt, the new one in a different way, my old one well you know how that goes. New problem now my back is killing. I'm just a party in a bag.... Bionic, next week is your big week right? Hang in there girl, you can do this. One day next year we will both be not chair dancing but real dancing.... Have a good weekend.
 
Will do! Gotta cram a bunch of to-do stuff in before the next Lock-down. :gaah: I wish I could say I was going seat dancing, but that's getting old anyway. I'll wait for the real thing. :egypdance:

Sorry your back hurts. Is it from sleeping, or walking. I threw my back out years ago because of the way I walked on a bum toe. Now when it bothers me, it's from the way I slept. A chiropractor should help with that. Hopefully you have a good one in your area.

:egypdance: CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR FIRST FULL WEEK!!! :egypdance:​
​
​
Smile.... :) it's the WEEKEND and you've earned it! :martini:
 
Hi all, so I went to my 4 month check in today. I was telling the dr how slow my healing is going and how the pain is not better, also about all my stiffness. I was expecting him to tell me I should be better by now. Instead he proceeds to tell me that they in that profession are noticing a trend among younger people. They notice that younger people take long to heal. They never noticed because older people in their 60's and 70's and up heal and get back to normal very sooner. He thinks it's because they are less active then patients my age. For some reason I felt validated. I don't feel like such a loser any more. He said to be patient it will get better. It's like he's had a change of heart. He must have gone to a seminar or something. So I think I'm going to stop being so hard on myself. I feel great being back to work. Being around people can be healing in itself. Anyway Have a great week my peeps.
 
Side note I had to put my dog down last night. So sad, but going to my 7 week check up. I hope he puts my in a happier mood.

I am so sorry about the loss of your dog. I had to have my darling 13 and a half year old staffy dog Jethro put to sleep last November and I can tell you it was one of the worse days of my life..I loved him so much

.....I have another doggy Winston and I can't wait to be able to walk him..it has been 4 weeks since my knee replacement and when I read all these posts I think..hey they are describing ME !!! I have to see my surgeon in another few weeks and I am so paranoid because my knee bend is so woeful and my physio keeps saying he won't be happy with it..but I do not want MUA.. I don't know what I will say or do if he says I have to have it.. * scared stiff *
 
Wow Mrs. cricklewood, I'm so sorry your scared. I remember feeling that way. Hang in there. Keep going to the PT and stretching it out on that ugly machine. That's what I did. It all seems like a blur to me now.
 
We've had a bunch of people here who have had MUAs and done well. Don't let yourself feel threatened, mrs cricklewood. Besides you're way too early for them to be thinking of it.
 
:yay::yay::yay::yay: That's such great news Dancer, I know how you struggled with your progress. :yay::yay::yay::yay:

I'm glad you feel at peace with where you are and there's no where to go but forward! :egypdance::egypdance:
Soon we'll be on the dance floor and choreographing our Flash Mob event! :egypdance::egypdance:

Instead he proceeds to tell me that they in that profession are noticing a trend among younger people. They notice that younger people take long to heal. They never noticed because older people in their 60's and 70's and up heal and get back to normal very sooner. He thinks it's because they are less active then patients my age. For some reason I felt validated.

MmmHmm... first of all, if they weren't straight with us upfront with the timeline we wouldn't have been so hard on ourselves to begin with. :skep: Now that I think of it, my OS looked a little shaky when I asked him about it and never really gave me a solid time-frame. :skep: I think it's like this, If 50 is the new 30, then 70 is the new 50 or at least 60. People are just doing more these days and if all we had to do was things around the house and gardening (which to me right now seems like HARD LABOR) Then 3 months would be a decent timeline, but it still wouldn't be considered healed. Not to mention the no pain, no gain mentality of some Dr's and P/T's which set people back in their recovery. Well, that's my 2 cents on the matter! :hissy:

Again, I'm so glad you feel validated and you're happy with where you are. :yes!:
 
As promised! Pull the CORD! Bionic woman2



We may need to revamp the costume, add a Tutu or something. :loll: I'm thinking the flying through the air move and landing in a forward roll is it, but we'll see. :rotfl: There Can Ba Miraclesss When you believe. :angel:
 
Dang Bionic this is my all time favorite movie. I want her butt....... I can't tell you how many times I did that dance in my bedroom. You are the best at motivating and making me smile.
 
I agree with the body comment, not with the "You are the best at motivating and making me smile." comment. :) I don't disagree with it, but I'm don't want'cha to think I'm full of myself. lol
 
:bicycle1: What happened to everyone. I'm not getting any activity plus it says oop's we lost your conversation. I had to search it. This is my therapy I don't want to lose it. I'm 5 months out and I can honestly say there are some minutes in the day that I walk normal. I didn't think it would ever happen. My knee is still weak and stiff at times. But for those few minutes, I feel normal. Well normal as I could be.:bicycle2:
 
Sounds like you are getting there just like the tortoise and you will win the race in the end.:yay:

A few weeks ago I was also getting those oops messages but then it would work. Had not seen any of your posts in a while -must have been a glitch with the system or something with your connection.

Hope to hear more about your journey.:flwrysmile:
 
We are having some systems issues right now that are being worked on. We anticipate a fix very soon, so please be patient with those little problems.

Dancer....so happy to hear you're starting to have those "normal" moments!!! They will increase with more time. You're just a couple of months behind my TKR (March 8th) and I'm still working on the recovery. Granted I can do a lot with my new knee, but sometimes it reminds me that it would like just a little more TLC. On the other hand, my 5 year old right knee is fabulous. So I know we have that to look forward to, don't we!!
 
Hey mama, glad to hear you have those moments where you feel like a normal person... can't wait for mine to come. :beg:

Sorry about your Ghost Town thread. At least it's the season for it. :scary: Seriously, I had the same experience in the beginning and it wasn't fun, but I just kept posting on other people's threads till I became a "household name." :rotfl: No actually, I did that AND starting tagging people when I posted on my page like this: daughter stalker, new knee in June, patient 99, Toothfairy... Do you hear that? That's the sound of the stampede on it's way over to your page. :scare: I think I'm coming into the live your life stage of recovery and spending more time away from the site. I know when I go back to work, like you I probably won't be on here as much.
So, in addition to the glitches, I think the site is a little like online dating, you gotta be online to get some action. :loll:Meaning, I find that if I stay off for a few days... I only have a few messages when I log make on, but when I'm online I get more messages and exchange fun, silly/mindless interactions. Like the message you're about to get from the Queen of the Walnut Warriors! lol RIGHT, D'Diana? :rofsign:


Gonna run now... HA! :skep:
Hope you are enjoying your weekend. :egypdance::martini: :egypdance: :martini:
 
Hi danceragainsoon!

I hear you! It is a slow process. I also feel good or as good as I can then all the sudden stiff and sore. Sorry we have been so quiet. I hope things get better for you. I know I have been getting better S L O W L Y !!! Don't push it like I do. ODIC will get you if you do. :heehee:

Take care and have a wonderful Sunday! :flwrysmile:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom