THR 10 months ago and now pain in groin.

Layla thanks I am start icing now haven't had to do this for awhile now. If i continues I will reach out to Joesphine.
 
Ok pumpkin I will keep that in mind. Thank you
 
Hope the elevation and icing helps, your hip may just need some rest.
 
@labosc It is not at all unusual to gave aches and pains when you start any new activity post op. My hip complained when I lifted anything heavy for months post RTHR. Rest and ice. I'll bet this eases very quickly.
 
Yes I guess we forget when we get into more intense activities than I normally do until something starts acting up and must ease up. Funny that one hip is so different than the other.
 
Hi @labosc
Yep! I agree, it is funny.
I only had one THR (so far) but read all the time each hip recovery is different, even on the same person.
Hope your current recovery is better than your first.
Just noticed your first was 3 weeks before mine.
A great week to you!
 
Yes i took it easy and did the ice and elevate yes it did work sometimes we need reminders Thank you all. Well the hip I did in Nov had no pain at all amazing its left that was done 10 months ago that I have the problem even at times sitting in the car till I move around.
 
@labosc
Hi fellow posterior double hippy. I have had thigh pain in My left 8 month old hip on and off worse with activity since surgery. I had a day when it hurt to walk so I went to see my OS. He sent me for blood tests and bone scan to rule out infection. Now he thinks it's mechanical and will have a steroid lidocain shot in a few weeks. If shot works it's a tendon but if shot doesn't last long he did say possible arthroscopic surgery on tendon. Hoping shot works. Best wishes
 
Well if this comes back I did call up if it keeps bothering me they will give me so many days of steroid. But so far it has stopped I will keep eye on it. Thanks for the info and good luck. Let me know how you make out.
 
Well the groin pain has started again it starting to feel like a strain on that leg. Sad part going to Ireland and Amsterdam next week and will be doing a lot of walking. Need to find out what is going on something not right It hurts to lift left leg straight up while right no problem. Walking does hurt not getting better. Anyone else out there with this problem?
 
Hi @labosc
Consider trying to get an appointment with your OS or a member of his team. If you're having trouble walking it may put a huge damper on your trip. Amsterdam and Ireland, sounds so exciting. I'd love to see both.

How about if we tag the BS Forum Nurse @Josephine and see if she can advise. She may post a pain graph and need to ask some questions so please check back frequently. I'd still consider scheduling an appt, you can always cancel if it eases up.

Hope you have a good day.
 
I hear you have some pain. So can you indicate where it is using this chart?

[Bonesmart.org] 10 months ago and now pain in groin.
 
Yes I already called the office and spoke to his assistant last week so they are aware what is going on. I called today also I just missed her. She left message 'give it more time, might be muscular, take some Tylenol, ibuprofen or some pain meds if it continues starts waking me up ant night or fever then it might be more serious'.

I just left message about coming in or checking blood for infection. She just returned call they will send in for lab to check for infection since I am going away. I will give a couple days if continues will contact Josephine. Thanks for you help and concern I will let you know.

Hello Josephine I missed your post its WR3f and ZR3F.
 
Update. OK its been more than a few days yes it has eased up some but groin pain is still there especially when I pick up my leg. ZR3 is gone. I dont know if my pelvis is out and that is causing the problem. But when I come back from Ireland I will have to investigate this more. No problem with the right at all. Still working on some blood work. Something is off because I didnt have this in the past 10 months. If anyone thinks of anything else let me know. Thanks really appreciate it.
 
Hello Josephine Yes that would be fine.Thanks
 
Back
Top Bottom