Guest viewing is limited

TKR 10 days out.....<

@tigwy11 .... I don't know who the "someone" is that told you that, but that's definitely a new one on me. If a person is going to have problems with a pain medication, it will happen fairly soon after starting the medication. It won't develop over time.

@mytrose43 ... what you're describing is not the way a metal allergy usually presents itself. But if you continue to have the hives, you do need to see your GP to find out what is going on.
 
Ha ha, someone who is famous for telling me untruths, @Jamie . That's for setting me straight
 
Hi everyone I have not posted much but I read posts everyday. I hope everyone is doing good. Reason vu am posting is that I have been doing quite well at this time about 6 months po until a couple of day ago my knee has not been painful at all for the last couple of months other than a little ache at night 3 days ago it started getting sharp pains at the upper hand inside at like the top of knee cap this is my left knee anyway it is progressively getting worse and it has almost gave out when I stand up several time and it is a sharp pain I even had to use a cane today last night it made a big popping sound when standing up the weather is cold and wet but this is not feeling like weather pain any thoughts would be great .I did make appt with OS but not until 1/7/16.Happy Holidays to all. Thanks

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
 
You did the right thing making an appt with your surgeon. There are several reasons for what you are describing and your surgeon will have to sort it out. It might be that the Patella is not tracking properly--my own patella had a lot of adhesions (scar tissue) over it and I began to have pain from it being pushed against the prosthesis.

In addition, it could be back pain or IT band stiffness. Sometimes if the IT band is tight, it will pull the patella out of alignment.
ITB (ilio-tibial band) issues and treatments

In addition, you might have tendonitis from over working the knee/ As I said, before you need someone to sort through all the possibilites and find the answer.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks so much skigirl I have called the Dr again it is getting way worse it feel like bone on bone pain like before surgery only worse it it trying to collapse I have almost fallen several times it is the worst when standing up and I did not do anything to hurt it its sad since I have done so well this pain is like I just had surgery but it is only in the upper inside about at the knee cap I can still bend and straighten OK not much swelling thanks




Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
 
I would try to rest more during the holiday and let others help you instead of drving yourself to distraction this year. If your knee is bucklying, it could be because your quad muscles are not working well. You can do quad sets when you are sitting down with your leg in front of you. Just tighten the quad muscles and hold it for a few seconds. Then again---you can do these as much as you want.

If you are in danger of falling, it would be better to use a cane or a crutch so that you don't fall.
 
Hi all I am not sure if this is where it is supposed to be having a hard time finding my posts not sure how to find me to do a post on my timeline. Any way I hope everyone is doing well I have a question I have been doing very well not many issues until today I was walking on uneven ground with my dog and slipped in a hole but did not fall after I sat down and then got up again I had a kinda sharp pain behind my knee (left) on the outside of my leg it kinda feels like there is a cord running up and down there that's where the pain is it hurts to straighten it and to walk on it not so much when its bent. I hope this makes sense lol thanks in advance

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
 
I remember when I first joined the forum, I had a hard time too. Here are two easy ways to find your thread---first, you can bookmark the page so that you can find it again easily. Second, if you look at the top, right hand side of the page, you will see your name; @mytrose43 . If you run the mouse over that name, a menu will pop up. On the right hand side of the photo there is "your profile page" when you click on that, it will show you any posts you have made and your thread so that you can find it. Also, at the end of the menu is the bookmark thread which will also lead you to your own thread. Hope this helps.

I think that a lot of us have had falls after tkr. I am slightly less balanced in uneven ground. Most of the injuries are to the soft tissues and some of those take a certain amount of time to heal. Perhaps you might want a PT to look at your strength and see if your legs are balanced. If your tkr leg is weaker, you might need to do more strength training to make it match your other leg.
 
HI Have not been around much lately but i do keep up with things on my mobile phone I hope all are doing well and I will be trying to catch up on my reading.I do however have a question in hopes maybe someone can help.
I am about 8 months PO have had my ups and downs like everyone but all in all I am very happy with my LTKR , the last several days I have had quite a lot of pain in the shin bone below the knee implant by about 2 or 3 inchs I had some surgery in 1979 that was very bad I was in a cast for 12 weeks I had plates and screws on my shin which were taken out a couple years later and there is a part of the shin bone that was removed so there is a slight indent there and this is the area that is hurting the surgery in 1979 was very very invasive all my muscles and tendons were moved tighten bones cut things were alot different back then anyway I was wondering if anyone has had the shin bone break after a TKR and what wass the symptoms I can still walk ok just not for long it bends fine it is not the implant itself that I am concerned with ,Sorry for the long post you guys are great Thanks
 
Hi all wishing everyone a good day..I have a question I am almost 10 months out LTKR pretty good with recovery and all actually was released from PT in 3rd week because everything was doing so good now I am having considerable pain and soreness just below the knee where they would have cut the bone for the lower piece to fit it feels a little weaker than it has in the past and painful to walk and very tender when touching called the Dr have a appt on the 17th just curious if anyone has had anything like this? the pain is only in the front of knee

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
 
It would possibly be a good idea to ask for an appointment to see your OS.

Have you started any additional activity lately? That's a possible reason for the new pain. However, I'l ask @Josephine to advise you. She has some charts where you can indicate the location of your pain and she will probably ask you questions about your activities.
 
Oh I am sorry I do have a appt next week so hard to get in hebis so busy. I am also wearing a old brace and having to use a cane at times.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
 
Thanks for updating. I think it would be a good idea to ask your surgeon to have an X-Ray taken.

Do let us know how you get on.
 
@mytrose43, so sorry you appear to have hit a problem. Let's see if I can help you at all.

Can you tell me the exact site of your pain using this chart?

[Bonesmart.org] 10 days out.....<


[Bonesmart.org] 10 days out.....<




And next, I'd like to ask you some questions if you don't mind, and it would be very helpful if you would answer each one individually - numbered as I have done - in as much detail as you can then I'll come back as see where you are ....

1. what are your pain levels right now? (remember the 1-10 scale: 1 = no pain and 10 = the worst you can imagine)

2. are you using any pain medications now? If so what have you been prescribed, how much are you taking (in mg please) and how often?

3. are you icing your knee and if so, how often and for how long?

4. are you elevating your leg, if so, how often and for how long?

5. What is your ROM - that's flexion (bend) and extension (straightness)

6. how swollen is your leg?
[Bonesmart.org] 10 days out.....<


7. what is your present activity level? What do you do in the way of housework, cooking, cleaning, shopping, etc., and work

8. what kind of exercises are you doing? How much and how often?
This is the most crucial question so please help me by using the format I have left as an example
(which means please make a list and not an essay!)

Exercises done at home: (enter number) of sessions each day
enter exercise + enter number of reps and sets
enter exercise + enter number of reps and sets
etc., etc.
 
The area that is hurting is DLF3 right where the prosthetic is under knee

1. my pain level is 4-6 when standing and 2-3 when laying down or sitting

2. I Take Norco 1-2 10/325 3 times a day but it is for other issues not specifically the knee have been taking them for many years

3. I have been icing just since this started about 5 times a day 45 min or so also using some heat it feels better

4. elevating at night when i go to bed but not much swelling

5. ROM is 115-0

6. slight swelling

7. I do everything except work but I take my daughter back and forth to work and walk my dog a lot

8.I do not do any specific exercise other than walk. I have not had any problems until this started a week or so ago
 
I do not do any specific exercise other than walk.
You haven't told me how far and for how long

So you pain is here
[Bonesmart.org] 10 days out.....<


That's nothing to do with the prosthesis, it's a ligament problem. There is also a possibility that you have something like this Shin splints, shin pain, compartment syndrome that might be related to gait.

You might find it useful to see a chiropractor for some deep massage on that spot.
 
Josephine I walk on average 2 miles a day usually in 15-20 min walks .

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
 
Well just a quick update I had my bone scan this afternoon will get results in am on possible stress fracture it is still very painful to stand on it eases up after resting it overnight but after be up walking it gets worse and worse as the day goes by having to use a brace due to weakness anyway that's it til tomorrow.Thanks for listening and I hope everyone is doing well.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom