TKR 10 days out.....<

Hi everyone hope all are doing well, I went to PT today my numbers are 0 and 105 she said I am doing remarkably well for 5 weeks she said she did not think i need 2x a week for 4 weeks she said 1 would be enough and if more needed at a later date they could not use like the tens machine because i have a pacemaker she did say the swelling is probably the reason my bend is only 105 and thats with out any help so feelin pretty good about pt was a bit scared but she was great...
 
Well called Dr today about cramping at back of knee and leg been going on a few days now he said sometimes that's normal but wants me to get a ultra sound to check for blood clots hopefully that not it already on blood thinners .well hope everyone is having a great Friday

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
 
Always a good thing to get something like that checked out!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
 
Ty tigz yes it is went in had ultrasound and all clear except some fluid behind the knee so that was a relief still not sure what to do about the cramps . Thanks all have a great weekend. Valerie

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk
 
That's a very good report, Valerie. :-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
 
Congratulations all of you July folks!!!! You all seem to be doing very well. :) Hoping for continued positivity for the remainder of you recovery!! I am sorry to say that my surgery has been postponed until I have a Cardiac stress test, which scared me to death!! I looked it up on line (some things you just should not do) and it all freaked me out so I wanted to have time to slowly concentrate on this, without worrying about going to surgery the very next day! I will get there though.....and this time I will be better prepared thanks to all of you great gals and your postings! :) :) :)
 
Hi everyone I hope all is well and healing nicely. I will l be 6 wks out on Wednesday getting along pretty well but I find the stiffness and swelling the worst part when I get up in the morning it takes me 15 min to feel loosened up enough to feel safe walking . I do need see many people talking about using heat I ice and elevate quite a bit but yesturday while taking a hot shower I noticed how good it felt on my knee I let it run till I used all the hot water so thinking (and sometimes that can be dangerous lol ) I went out and bought a moist heat heating pad and I ha a few appts today so I was feeling it when I got home so out came the healing pad for about 30 min and it seemed like it did help and loosened it up some not sure about the swelling so does anyone have any thoughts on this may Josephine can help but any input is greatly appreciated . Sometimes it seems the ice is more irritating than helpful now . Good news saw my cardiologist today and my pacemaker isdoing great no issues what so ever during surgery .

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk
 
Some heat in the mix can help your muscles loosen up, but I would think ice (cold packs) would do better for any remaining inflammation. Remember at 6 weeks your knee is still a "baby." :)
 
Hi ty kneeper. I am 6 weeks today doing pretty good though I would post a picture.
[Bonesmart.org] 10 days out.....<

Looking pretty good Dr did a great job on the incision. Thanks all

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk
 
@mytrose43 .....You certainly do look good!! Additionally, that scar looks like it will heal up nicely and most likely will not show at all. Good for you! So very happy for you!! :)
 
Nicely healing incision!
 
Thanks everyone I am quite happy with it so far only if the stiffness and swelling would be so good . But I am very happy I had this done after holding off for 3 years finely accepted it was only getting worse.

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk
 
I have a question I have been doing really well as far as pain today I have done just a little bit of walking and exercise and icing and elevating most of the afternoon but for some reason my. Leg is very achy from my ankle to my a-- lol I have not had this so bad before is there something that causes this just kinda weird?

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk
 
Ty karrib never thought of that sitting on you know what to much could do that hmmmm maybe I should sit on my ice lol

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk
 
@myrose43 and@KarriB......I was thinking the same thingKarriB. Possibly sciatic nerve. I have had that injury before and it can be quite painful. It can also clear up rather quickly with rest.
 
Ty stefy resting might be the problem I am a big girl so sitting to much might be causing it I have had it before

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk
 
@mytrose43....Oh, I did not mean to imply that sitting can cause this. Actually, the first time I had it I was helping someone push a car out of the snow. LOL The next day I woke up and could not move. More recently, I woke up and had the same thing. Pain from my backside, down the leg to the ankle. I really think it was just the way I must of moved in my sleep. I just keep sitting on the couch with a heating pad on my fanny, and leg and within a couple of days it went away. :)
 
I'm not sure about this specific set of symptoms, but I did notice aches and pains migrated almost from week to week throughout the healing process. For me, I developed lower back pain at about the point you're at, and that would be related to a sciatica-like pain. I did ice my lower back, and it helped. Not sure if it would help you or not, but you'll only do it once if it doesn't help.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom