TKR 10 days out.....<

I've read of others here experiencing a problem with sciattic nerve. I did a lot of sitting with my leg up and I got all sorts of aches and pains. Once I was up and moving more those aches and pains disappeared.
 
hello all well i went to PT today only the 2nd time since surgery other than in home I was 110-0 she put me through quite a bit of exercise and determined that i met all the criteria to be discharged from PT so that is a good day she said i was weeks in advance and being overweight did not seem to hinder that .My Dr was abit concerned about my weight and recovery I still have a little swelling and a lot of stiffness but feel i am doing good ...I hope everyone is having a good day,
 
@mytrose43 That is so very good to know!! I am so happy for you that you are making good progress, also nice to know you are progressing while carrying some extra weight. (I am in the same situation :) ) I guess we just never know until we do it. (Which I have not done yet due to a problem with my EKG) Thank you for your very positive post!! :) So very helpful to me to hear some of the positives. :) Wishing for you continued success in your recovery!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Ty very much stefny .I hope you are doing well also.

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk
 
Good Morning everyone hope all are having a good day. I have a question last night i got up to go to the potty and as i was walking i got a very sharp pain on the outside of my knee from the knee cap all the way up to the top of the knee I almost fell it was so intense and lasted for about 30 min i used ice on it and it eventually calmed down it was just so sudden I never felt anything like it before,it seems to be ok this am but it is tender in that same area .
 
Hello everyone I hope this Friday I I has Been a good beginning of the weekend. I have a question I am 8 weeks out been doing very well discharged from pt bend is good flex is 0 . The message above rhis one is the beginning of this it feels kind of crunching when I bend my knee but does not hurt but it hurt wheni stand on it at the upper outside of the knee and on the inside right inear the knee cap its a bit swollen been icing all day . Any suggestions. Thanks. Valerie





Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk
 
Could the crunching be where tissues are moving over the implant? Don't really know but if it doesn't hurt it probably isn't anything too serious. Hopefully, one of the advisors can give you some info.
 
Hello all hope everyone is doing well. I am at almost 10 weeks been doing pretty well other than stiffness and minor swelling and pain but only in a couple of areas and the occasional little gremlin like out of no where pain and my knee feels like it is crunching when bending it you can feel it when you put a hand on it also anyway today i was sitting for a little while on the couch and when i got up to walk it felt like it locked for a few seconds then it hurt it took about 5 min to walk it off is this kinda thing normal at this stage.would love to hear from anyone . Valerie
 
Trying tagging Josephine as she might be able to give you advice.
 
Hi everyone Hope you are all doing well. I am about 12 weeks out I am doing pretty good but still having pain and stiffness which is normal I understand that but what I was wondering about is the swelling I went to the store and walked around today for about 45 min and I have been iceing and elevating for a couple of hours my knee seemed extra swollen so I measured it is 1 inch bigger above and below the knee and 2 inchs bigger right in the middle at the bend than the other knee 2 inchs seems like a lot to me is this normal or am I just worried for nothing?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
 
It can take months for all the swelling to go away. Don't worry about it - and don't measure it, because that will only make you worry. :blackcloud:
 
Hi everyone I hope all are doing well. I went to see my OS today just a bit over 3 months out I told him I have 2 areas that very tender and my knee feels like its clunking or catching at times and its still noticebly swollen he looked at it felt it and said its all normal he has not taken a X-ray since before surgery and it feels like its not lined up right to me when I am walking or bending it does this sound normal. He said he did not need to see me anymore unless I had some problems. Just curious . Thanks

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
 
I had an X-ray the day after surgery, followed by a review approx 8 weeks later, l have another review in December and then will probably have another X-ray and review at my year anniversary. Find it a little strange that you've not had an X-ray since you had surgery. What did he think the clunking and catching was or did he not address these concerns?
 
I had an x Ray after surgery also, 8 weeks out. I am now 14 weeks. My doc said the same things to me,didn't measure ROM, said all looks good and the band on top and soreness on side are normal. Mine makes noise too, all normal. Aren't you glad you are normal :rofsign:

I move much better, but still not at 130, where I want to be, so still see PT.
 
My doc said the same things to me,didn't measure ROM,

One gains ROM very slowly---pretty close to the way a glacier moves. I never measured mine, as some days I would gain some, some days there would be a plateau, and, for some reason, I would regress on a few days, too.

The end result, though, is that you will have all the ROM that you need to do whatever you want to do.

In the end, it is not about the quantitative---the numbers---it is all about the qualitative---you new and joyful lifestyle.
 
He just said that it's all normal healing and that it need at least a year but he felt the clunking feeling when he bent my knee it just feels off to me not smooth but not much I can do unless it gets worse he also said if I get any red areas to call asap. Ty for your response

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
 
My Rom and flex are very good he did not measure but last one was 120-0 I was released from PT after only 2 visits she said there was nothing more to do everything was good and she felt the clunking also I am on Medicare I feel like they just want to get rid of you asap cause they don't get paid as much as if I had another insurance

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
 
Hi everyone hope you all are doing well. I have a question about metal allergies I am about 4 months out and doing ok . The last 2 weeks or so I have been breaking out with hives almost every day not major hives but enough that I have to take benadryl then they go away eventually but come back and nothing I am using or doing is any different just curious if this could be a possible metal allergy.
 
Someone told me that you can develop an allergy to pain meds over time. I don't know if it's true or not..... @Josephine can you help?
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom