Guest viewing is limited

THR 1 year post-op

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Dashinghippie

Thanks for sharing your experience with me.

I didn't think of bringing a pillow to sit on at work but that's actually a good idea. And yes something as simple as sitting is a whole new experience after a hip replacement. I still get sore sometimes or if the seat it too high I feel uncomfortable too. At work I do leave my desk to see a co-worker or someone else in the office throughout the day so I never considered getting up every 15 minutes to stretch my legs.

And I never wore the compression stockings so I don't know what that's like. My doctor never recommended them either. Weird huh?


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I wear compression knee highs every day. I also elevate my legs on a foam wedge I bought on Amazom.
 
@gazelle7777

How long have you been wearing your compression socks?
I'm wondering if I should get some but I'm not sure since its been a whole year since my surgery.

I elevate on days when my feet, ankles and knees are in pain from all the swelling but that's about it.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Keecamp I started wearing the compression knee highs after my BTKR in 2013. I was having swelling in my right ankle and my PT recommended them. I do have a issue with veins being pronounced on my legs. I wear them all day . Not at night,or when laying down. They do feel good,especially if walking a lot etc.

I buy mine on Walgreens.com. Celeste Stein is the brand I buy. They also have their own website...Many choices, colors, and fun patterns. I like the compression of 8-15mm H/G. There is higher compression, but, you may want to try the lower first and see what you need. Joan
 
@gazelle7777

Thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction, I wasn't sure where to find them. I will look into these compression socks.

After I finished work today, as expected my ankles were swollen. I find my non-operated leg swells more then the operated one, I find I still out more pressure on that leg...even though it's been a little over a year now.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
You may notice that I have merged all five of your recovery threads into one. We like to keep our members' recovery posts all in a single thread. That way it's easy for us to go back and read your history before responding to a question or concern. In addition, the thread becomes a journal of your recovery for those who come along later and want to read about you. So, please post in this thread from now on when you want to give an update or ask a question. If you decide you'd like a different thread title at any point, just post what you want here and we'll get it changed for you.

You might benefit by not sitting quite so much. Set an alarm if you need to that reminds you to get up and do a short walk for about 5 minutes out of every hour. It's possible that the swelling you're experiencing will slowly disappear given a little more time. Of course, it's always a good idea to use the gym if you can. It sounds like you would benefit from some walking or cycling. Just be sure to start any exercise with gentle exercise and work up to more strenuous ones over time.
 
@ Jamie

Thank you for merging my threads into one. I don't know how to find my previous threads.

I also want to thank you for your advice about the swelling I get after work. I will start the gym as of next week so hopefully it will help me with my problem.

:)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom