1 year on the 5th of February

Status
Not open for further replies.
The hospital PT only made me do 3 steps because we have 3 steps by our (home) door. I would have done anything just to be able to go home. After I got through our door, everything else was fine because everything else is on one floor. =)

Remember: Elevate! Elevate! Elevate!
 
Going home today can't wait!!!
[Bonesmart.org] 1 year on the 5th of February
 
Hey Foxmyster,
I am right behind you. Had my surgery 21 hours ago. My knee feels great but I am still running on the narcotic implant. Should be wearing off soon. So glad your surgery went well and we can pal our way through this. Your knee looks great. I still have a huge dressing. Hope they remove that soon.
Glad you are on the up. My first day after surgery was bloody painful after all the drugs wore off I was feeling sick and down, but I'm on top of my pain killers now and I fill great. Been walking around the hospital with crutches and done stairs yesterday really easy I'm over the moon. Shen I wake up in the morning my knee is very stiff!!!! But I got 85* bend on it so the OS is happy. Please keep in touch.best Foxy.
 
I no it's naughty but while I am waiting to get picked up to go home I've been walking with out my crutches!!! It's amazing!!! When I get home I'm going to do it by the book but I'm so pleased how it's going at the moment.
[Bonesmart.org] 1 year on the 5th of February
 
Good for you but don't get too over confident. Remember you've just had two bones broken! But I'm over the moon you are feeling so good!
 
Hi Foxy
Delighted that you are doing so well - but then I never doubted you for a second. I would say lets raise a glass to a swift and easy recovery ......... but I'm not sure what meds you're on!:)
Hope you are comfortable on your journey home - you will so appreciate being back in your own place after hospital.
Take care
ChrisX
(PS - love those foxy photos, I have lots of foxes in my garden - including one big old boy whose back is almost silver. When it's sunny he comes and lays in the flower beds and moves himself around following the sunshine.)
 
I love all animals but I've got a soft spot for terriers and foxes. Yes I fill great, really good knee is still stiff and swollen but I think I'll make a speedy recovery. Just waiting now for my mate to pick me up then it's a nice drive through London then home to the countryside of Essex and a nice cuddle with me dogs.. Oh yeah and the trouble and strife !!!

[Bonesmart.org] 1 year on the 5th of February


Can't drink for a little while but ha ho I'll survive. God bless you Chris.xx
 
Awwwwww love that little fox. Safe travels and keep in touch.
ChrisX
 
@Foxmyster1967 , I'm so glad that things are going so well, hope that you continue to recover at the same pace, but do remember there will be good and bad days, just have plenty of ice for the bad days, it's a lifesaver. We're all here for you if you have any questions. Have a good weekend.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 1 year on the 5th of February


Just got home to a very clean house ( my wife is a fantastic person and I love her lots).

Met all my terriers one at a time they have all settled down now just taken all my meds, which are;
Ibuprofen 400mg,
Dihydrocodeine 30 mg,
Paracetamol 500mg,
Rivaroxaban 10mg.

A friend of mine picked me up in his nice new Range Rover which was a treat, but by the time I got home (about an hour) my knee was aching so I'm in bed for the day just taking in easy I'm going to start my PT at home Sunday. It's great to be back home with all my loved ones. Foxy.xx
 
Congratulations Foxy, it's great to be back home isn't it. :puppysmooze:
Hope you sail through and don't get the dreadful insomnia or depression, sounds like you won't though.
Good luck.:flwrysmile:
 
So glad everything is going well for you. Hope your recovery continues to be uneventful!
 
Well done Foxy! Welcome to the other side and I know you and your dogs (and your trouble and strife) are glad you are home. What kind of terriers? I love them but my DH (completely in the dark what the rhyming slang would be for husband!) is Not a Terrier Person--doesnt like being outstubborned by a dog, so I have to be content with sheepdog mutts. Much more biddable than terriers and very smart. Dont spare the ice!
 
I've got 2x Lakeland terriers
1x patterdale terrier
And a cross yorkie shitzu ?? Oh yeah and 2x horses no kids.
We like animals more - to each to their own??
 
Foxmyster1967: Glad to hear you are doing so well.

Remember: Elevate! Elevate! Elevate!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom