THR Recovery in Labrador

You were correct, getting out of the house was wonderful. It was so fun I had to take a nap. The desire is still there but the endurance is a little lacking. It will come back in time.

Happy anniversary!
My wife and I had to find out how not to do it in our first marriages... We are at 23-1\2 years. We are thinking Hawaii for our 25th.

Happy 15th Anniversary @labanan ! I take it you had fun going out for the meal and will be able to enjoy your paddle and picknick another day. It's been warm over here in Germany, but the forecast rain. Wishing you a super recovery I'm sending you my best wishes - Constanze

Thanks all. Today we're going to go out on the canoe. I got up at five this morning, did evening dishes, made coffee (usually the fella does the coffee) and then walked on the beach. Yeehaw! One week until we're off on our trip. Two more dolls to make...

It's 12 weeks today since I had my surgery. I feel excellent. I can walk down the beach without aid, with an elegant gait. I can lower myself (with a bit of fancy finangling) into the tub for my evening bath. I can attend various gatillys without needing the fainting couch. The fella and I are back to our usual dance moves (ha ha @Irish Joe ) and if I leave the tablet in the kitchen and read before bed, I can sleep! On Monday, mechanic willing, we'll be heading out on our road trip. Tomorrow is Canada Day and we'll canoe around under the bridge and up the shore of Little Lake to go to the annual brunch and gatilly at our friend's house.

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying their new hipness!

Love your posts!
Uplifting to read, encouraging in content, happy in mood, thankful in spirit......beautiful, shine on!

All sounds good labanan that first bath is an absolute luxuary relief beyond relief, enjoy your trip but mind be careful in that canoe take care.

Yesterday, 13 weeks after my operation I danced at my nephew's wedding. I danced like I haven't been able to for many years. My nephew told me this morning that I have become legendary to his pals as the best dancer on the floor. Wow it was so fun and I seem no worse for wear today. I had to fly to Montreal and train to Ottawa and get a lift from my son to my sister's and then she, my brother and I drove to Kingston. We went by Jone's Falls and I swam in the lock with my brother. Now I'm in Ottawa with my other son and grandson. I'll be flying to Halifax on Wednesday and meeting the fella. He's driving the truck there. Our suburu is still in the shop because they are lying incompetent whackos. I'll drive back to Labrador in the truck but I'm feeling great except for Ron missing this leg of the trip. Oh well, petty problems of the bourgeois. Sorry this is such a fractured report but it is chaotic here!

Wow wtg my friend you have a busy and fun life. I am so happy you're doing so well

Hi Jan,
Delighted for you that you were able to dance all night! What a result! Sounds like you are having a fab trip so far and even managed a swim!
Enjoy the rest of your holiday,
Diane

I am at 10 weeks post op today and like you am determined to make up for all the dancing, laughing, looking, and living that was interrupted by the years of OA pain.
There's still some struggles and I'm still gonna be mindful that a few months is still not "healed"... But your posts make me smile and remind me to be grateful when I'm impatient about a few things I am still not ready for.
Good for you... And me.
Wishing you a great week...

So happy for you, great update! Have a wonderful trip :)
Sam xx

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

Late with the 14th week report:

To quote Woody Allen "If you want to make God laugh tell him your plans." I guess, as a Buddhist I might change that a tad, maybe "life does not take suggestions from you." or "oh shite!"
My vacation plans started changing when the so-called mechanics of NWR hijacked my car forcing me to fly and Ron to miss the Ontario leg of the journey. I had a lovely time (see above) with siblings, kids, grandkids, and so forth. Ron arrived by truck to the house we'd rented out to find a big mess. The tenants left at the end of April. Our management people had not done a good job - the house was dirty, lots of things missing, lots of damage, and worst of all a slow leak in the laundry room had destroyed the flooring in that room plus an adjacent one, and half of the drywall has to be replaced due to mold. We thought we'd see friends, and family, canoe in Prospect Bay and generally kick back - a nice treat after a tough winter of me being in pain, working hard, no vacation etc...

Ha ha ha said life!

Instead it has been cleaning, fixing, meeting with insurance adjusters and so on.

But I wanted to say something here - not a whine, not a moan.

I am so grateful that I have a lovely new hip! This would have been devastating with chronic pain. We will get through it and it is only stuff. We will still see family and friends. We will go out the bay.

So listen all new and old friends - this journey we are on with new hips is worth the bumpy starts, the detours, even the breakdowns and start overs because the land of no chronic pain is a miracle!

Great Post Labanan.
As Per.
When someone updates on the Ups-n-Downs of ordinary life.
And then remembers to mention the Hip it says it all.
Go forth with strength.
Joe.....

Just checking after my first week of work. All is well, work a snap, energy high, no pain.

No pain, no pain, no pain, no pain!
I will explain if I'm not being plain -
NO PAIN!
As for the refrain
NO PAIN!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Kneelythere