Recent content by zumzumpammy

  1. zumzumpammy

    THR My trip down recovery lane...

    Hi Jackie! I've been off the forum for awhile, but I still love to read the new threads. Sounds like everthing is going well! Hope it continues to all be uphill. I'm going back to teaching my yoga classes this week. I still am restricted on forward bends & deep squats til my 6 month mark. But...
  2. zumzumpammy

    THR zumzum to the other side

    Ok sorry, I thought it should have a different title since it is more specific about yoga- should I have put it in another category?
  3. zumzumpammy

    THR zumzum to the other side

    Hi friends! I am hoping to hear from any of you that regularly practiced yoga before THR and also after. I have been a yoga & fitness instructor for a long time. Before surgery (Nov 2013) I was still teaching my yoga, but had really modified a lot. I could not sit cross-legged, could not go from...
  4. zumzumpammy

    THR zumzum to the other side

    Hi BoneSmarties! It's been weeks since I posted, gosh almost a month! I will be at the 12 week mark on Weds. I saw my OS at the 10 week mark. My LLD was much improved. I was give the ok to start exercising on my own and to return to teaching my fitness class Feb 3- today! I still am restricted...
  5. zumzumpammy

    A few questions that I've been pondering:

    @DrToonz, I felt exactly the same way, my pain got worse the closer I got, although I still had a good day here & there. The week before surgery, when I stopped taking NSAIDs I was barely able to walk and realy accepted that I was going to have it and be better off. A couple things I wish I had...
  6. zumzumpammy

    Having THR (Minimally Invasive) 1/30

    Hi Megan33! Welcome to BoneSmart! I'm 9 weeks post-surgery, RTHR, and I put it off for years, I am so glad to be through it and back to a normal life. The hip-pain relief is immediate! The first couple weeks were challenging but the pain meds manage the pain very well. The biggest struggle for...
  7. zumzumpammy

    date approaching really scared

    And @shrinkette I'll be thinking about you on Friday! Good luck my dear!:friends:
  8. zumzumpammy

    date approaching really scared

    Hi jeff! As you will discover, everyone pre-op feels scared, post- op we are raving about how we are not in pain any longer. I went 8 years after diagnosis, the last two in a lot of pain, and I am now 8 1/2 weeks past RTHR, I cannot say enough how happy I am to have had the surgery. Read my...
  9. zumzumpammy

    garose2hip

    Hi put2pasture! You can read my whole thread under my name, but in a nutshell, I was diagnosed/ arthritis in R hip 8 yrs ago, was able to get by w lots of PT, chiro, massage etc until this last year when hip got worse quickly. I had RTHR 8 weeks ago (Nov 13) and the results are amazing! Looking...
  10. zumzumpammy

    THR Peggy's Progess: 07 Jan 2014

    You're doing great! Slow & steady :yay:it will get better each day.
  11. zumzumpammy

    Tibs isn't here anymore

    Oh I am so so sad to hear this. Thank you for sharing and please give love to her family, she was a bright star for me. :sad:
  12. zumzumpammy

    A few questions that I've been pondering:

    We were on the Big Island for a week, while there I hiked to a place called the End of the World, which is out over a lot of uneven lava rock, where people jump into the water. We didn't jump this time, water was rough, and I wouldn't have been able to climb out, but anyway we also went to...
  13. zumzumpammy

    THR Peggy's Progess: 07 Jan 2014

    Congrats Peggy! So glad you have made it to the other side! You had a delay, if I remember correctly? Each day & week gets better! Take it slow & steady :egypdance:
  14. zumzumpammy

    A few questions that I've been pondering:

    Hi DrToonz! hang in there, the last two weeks for me were hard, it seemed like things were just getting worse by the day, and then I would somehow still have 1 good day in there. I found that hot bath with Epsom salts or the Jacuzzi helped me to be a little more comfortable. I also took vicodin...
  15. zumzumpammy

    Hippy New Year

    Duh just re-read that, he is not the coach but the team doctor/surgeon.
Back
Top Bottom