Recent content by zorys0225

  1. zorys0225

    THR Yay!!

    Wow!! there’s a lot of new folks around here lol just thought I would pop in and give a little update. I did go back to work. My doctor did tell me all the walking my job requires could be a problem for me. And he was right! The first two weeks almost killed me lol but I have gotten used to it...
  2. zorys0225

    Hippy Bchbum4evr

    I didn’t have any restrictions either, but I did notice that a raised toilet seat came in handy during the first week or so. All the sore muscles didn’t like to go to low lol
  3. zorys0225

    THR Yay!!

    A little update. Just had another follow up and I’m headed back to work on July 16th which is the end of my short term disability. My OS was concerned with the amount of walking my job requires. On average i’ll walk 6 miles a day on concrete floors with steel toed shoes, which he said may be...
  4. zorys0225

    It’s Friday but Monday is coming

    Great news!! Congrats on the new hip!!
  5. zorys0225

    THR Yay!!

    Been lurking here lately so I thought I would stop by and give an update. At home PT is over, now I have to decide if I want to go to outside PT, I have another appointment with the OS later this month so I think I’m going to take a break from it until he tells me to go. In all, I think I’m...
  6. zorys0225

    THR Yay!!

    Well it’s been a month!! I feel great!! I have one more time with in home PT and then I can move to out side PT if my insurance will pay (or if I want too) Still walking with a cane but I can go without it if I have too. Honestly, sometimes I forget I have it. Still have a limp but the pain is...
  7. zorys0225

    THR REM's Recovery Thread<

    Bama girl here, raised on grits. Even though I do love a good casserole
  8. zorys0225

    THR Yay!!

    Three weeks out! Think I may have over did it a little over the weekend. Went to a surprise party for my husbands grandmother, and even though I was sitting down most of the time, I’m thinking it was still a little too much. At least everyone there was glad to see me out and about. After I got...
  9. zorys0225

    Has anyone..

    I did, right before I got my pain block. They were very nice. The guy watching over me even wiped my tears with a tissue for me. Then after my little breakdown, he kept me talking to help distract me until the meds kicked in.
  10. zorys0225

    THR Yay!!

    Just got back from my post op appointment with the OS. Pretty short and sweet since I’m not having problems. Told me to graduate to a cane when I feel ready and since I’m not taking any more pain meds, I can start driving too if I’m comfortable enough. Think I’m going to take my time with that...
  11. zorys0225

    What was your pain like

    The hip pain was gone for me, it’s was just the incision and muscle pain that I felt. I’m pretty sure it’s different for everyone though. At the worst my pre surgery pain was an 8, now it’s a 0 in the hip. Most of it is just recovery pain, trying to get those muscles back right and the incision...
  12. zorys0225

    THR Sweet Alice on the move

    Good luck to you @sweet alice
  13. zorys0225

    Revision THR Gypsy has wandered into recovery

    Wow @Gypsy your dysplasia story sounds exactly like mine. All the surgeries, half body cast, traction, the ugly shoes and everything. I know it’s fairly common but I Don’t think I’ve ever known anyone who went through all that other than me. I played softball though, I wasn’t very good (bench...
  14. zorys0225

    THR Palin21bug - Groin pain

    @palin21bug We had surgery the same day and my legs are still weak too and I still have some spasms in my thigh. I take short walks and take lots of naps. Take it easy, we’ll be better in time
  15. zorys0225

    What type of anesthesia did you use

    I had a spinal with sedation too. Like Jaycey I woke up half way through. They noticed and gave me some more sedation and then I woke up in recovery. I’m very sensitive to drugs so I was still a little loopy but still able to be close to normal. Still able to get up and move and have...
Back
Top Bottom