@SuperSnapper - Great to hear how well you are doing Mary. I am in awe! My recovery is somewhat slower. I can now walk up and downstairs like a 'big girl'. Cycling isn't really happening, I can do a couple of backward revolutions but find it painful. I can also get in and out of the bath...
@bottomshollow @SuperSnapper - Hi Thanks for the encouragement. I can walk upstairs pretty normally but tend to throw my leg out instead of bending, a habit I need to quit fast! Walking downstairs is still two feet per step. I have been on short walks but still feel better with one...
Hi Bonesmarters - I am now almost 10 weeks out of LTKR. This week I have managed to get 95 deg bend and a completely straight leg. I have had 3 therapists, 2 I haven't been very happy with. My present one is good. She pushes me to try much harder to achieve bends and stretches without...
@SuperSnapper - Hi Mary, I'm happy to hear you had a good follow up appointment. "Star Pupil' eh! haha You sound like you have had a perfect recovery. It's hard to believe that it's only 9 weeks since we had this done!
I forgot to ask about driving and gym stuff when I went to my follow...
Hi All - hope you have all enjoyed Christmas and are having a relaxing Boxing Day. Christmas day was busy for us, but very enjoyable. 7 grandchildren excitedly opening presents made my day.
Knee wise - still very swollen and big problems getting any bend. I know it's harder because of the...
@SuperSnapper - I can't imagine going to the supermarket yet! It takes all my energy to wipe the surfaces and tidy the kitchen.
My hubby has also stocked up on alcoholic treats :cheers: not sure who's going to drink it all though. I would like to be able to have some wine on Christmas...
@SuperSnapper - Hi Mary, I'm glad to read you are doing so well. You are certainly moving along the recovery trail fast!
I am plodding along. My physio is going okay. He isn't at all pushy but although I know it shouldn't hurt I don't think he's encouraging me enough. I am considering...
@SuperSnapper - hope today is a good one for you. I understand how you feel, just like everyone else in bonesmart land. It's good to find out that what you are feeling is 'normal'.:dubious:
Deb x
@SuperSnapper - Hi Mary
Hope the physio went well for you today. I can imagine your your scar feels tight if those stitches haven't dissolved. Maybe you need to get someone to look at them? It is so much better now my clips are gone but the scar is tightening a lot. I would like to...
@SuperSnapper - I am in awe of you getting out for a walk and coffee! My visit to the physio today left me exhausted. I'm still taking my meds regularly as I can't imagine cutting down yet. Glad to hear you are doing so well Mary - keep it up!
Deb x
Hi All - Clips/Staples are out and not much pain at all. My scar is clean and very neat - I'm pleased with it even though it is a scar on my knee!
Today was my first proper physio session. They said I should have gone last week really but I didn't want to. I have been doing exercises that...
@SuperSnapper - good morning Mary. Thank you for thinking about me. :-) My weekend has been as long as yours! I have been having a lot of pain in my knee - the inner side, plus lots of nerve pains shooting up and down my leg. My meds seem inadequate for the pain after 3 hours and with...
@SuperSnapper - Thanks Mary - I needed the encouragement but 'cheerful' maybe a stretch! :snork: I recon I could run a mini empire of properties too - maybe we should set up a company??? haha.
My hubby is working and I'm watching endless Christmas films on C5. Just about to make a...
Hi there - I certainly have been told! haha I am taking meds on time - I find myself watching the clock eager for the next dose.
@Legin - I'm worried about leaving the muscle too long and having other problems. It's a fine line between not enough and too much!
D x
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.