Recent content by Wheatsiebat

  1. Wheatsiebat

    THR THR on 3-21, right surgical leg is almost 1/2 inch longer than the left

    @Layla, Thank you! Everything continues to improve. My range of motion during yoga poses is close to 90% of what I was doing pre-op. I can walk much longer distances without pain. I had one day that I randomly walked over 7 miles without issue. The inflammation/swelling is much less. I am...
  2. Wheatsiebat

    THR New Here - Difficult Painful Recovery - 3 months post op

    I am so sorry you are going through this! I had to get a revision 2 months after my first surgery because the stem had broken my femur and there was no ossification because of that. I definitely did not trust the original surgeon so I interviewed new ones until I found someone who was confident...
  3. Wheatsiebat

    THR THR on 3-21, right surgical leg is almost 1/2 inch longer than the left

    @Layla Thanks! I am doing great! I have been going to my yoga class almost every day and improving strength and flexibility. It is amazing how much a body can improve every day! I went to NY on a fun Broadway and museum trip last week. I walked over 7 miles one day! The whole trip was quite...
  4. Wheatsiebat

    THR Struggling with Recovery - THR

    Last year I had an L1 herniated disc that caused quite a bit of radiated pain down my leg and on my hip/glute. I was amazed at the range of pain, numbness, tingling. It was a mystery for a while. One thing that really helped was putting the MRI results in Chat GPT. It explained everything...
  5. Wheatsiebat

    THR left it TOO long: Left THR Posterior

    @Deni444 wonderful new! Lots of great things are happening! Very happy for you! I also have what feels like arthritis in my hands now. I find myself stretching them even before I get out of bed. And then again on walks. Taking my hands and my new hip out for a walk and a stretch.
  6. Wheatsiebat

    THR Cannot sleep in bed

    I think people that tell these incredible healing stories think they are giving us hope that our recovery will be as easy. I just find them annoying. Fortunately I only had one person start to tell me about how quickly so & so was back at it.
  7. Wheatsiebat

    THR THR on 3-21, right surgical leg is almost 1/2 inch longer than the left

    Thank you @Layla! Everything is going well! I feel like myself again. I have been walking unassisted for 20 to 30 minutes a pop. Still a little sore in the quad at times. But my range of motion is much better and it doesn't feel near as tight as even a week ago. I celebrated today with a...
  8. Wheatsiebat

    THR THR on 3-21, right surgical leg is almost 1/2 inch longer than the left

    @Deni444 You are so right about being dismantled and then put back together. Physically, emotionally and everything else that makes us. The muffins were delicious! I also went to the Physical Therapist. At first I was a little wary he would make me do something that would cause problems. But...
  9. Wheatsiebat

    THR THR on 3-21, right surgical leg is almost 1/2 inch longer than the left

    @Layla thanks for the heads up on the sauna. Nothing is more important than recovering patiently. This morning I woke up, took a shower, put on real clothes, put on red lipstick! And listened to music which was a normal morning for me but new since surgery. I had some joy! Music makes me so...
  10. Wheatsiebat

    THR left it TOO long: Left THR Posterior

    “ I wanted anything with sugar.” This is really the only thing I can eat right now. Oatmeal cookies, muffins with ice cream. I dabble with chocolate but I have never eaten cookies etc. They are delicious and they are sustaining my recovery. I do try and have some protein and veggies each day...
  11. Wheatsiebat

    THR THR on 3-21, right surgical leg is almost 1/2 inch longer than the left

    Thanks Deni! I am trying some stretches here and there. I have taken mediation classes but what I really like is being in a hot room doing yoga. I am going to see if it is okay to go to a sauna at this point. Seems like it would be okay. Today I took 2 walks. The morning was 20 minutes. Felt...
  12. Wheatsiebat

    THR THR on 3-21, right surgical leg is almost 1/2 inch longer than the left

    Thanks Myglasshalffull! I had been doing a couple of walks most days the past week so I think I can add a few minutes. I will still pay close attention to how things are feeling. I was able to sleep without pain meds last night. yay! Cheers to walks!
  13. Wheatsiebat

    THR THR on 3-21, right surgical leg is almost 1/2 inch longer than the left

    Thanks, that makes sense. I ran this by ChatGPT and got a similar answer! It put this schedule together. I will follow this as long as everything feels ok.
  14. Wheatsiebat

    THR THR on 3-21, right surgical leg is almost 1/2 inch longer than the left

    I appreciate the support!! It makes such a difference to talk or chat with people who understand this stuff. It is amazing how alone it can feel without having my normal routine of yoga etc. This stuff isn’t easy. I was thinking on my morning walk today that I am stronger than I think. I have to...
  15. Wheatsiebat

    THR THR on 3-21, right surgical leg is almost 1/2 inch longer than the left

    Thanks Benne! I tend to worry about any aches or pains mean something is wrong. I know that isn’t necessarily the case. I just had the one surgery that resulted in my femur being broken so that is why I worry. This morning I got in a nice but slow walk outside. Perfect 72 & sunny! Nothing...
Back
Top Bottom