Recent content by Wellness in Virginia

  1. Wellness in Virginia

    TKR TKR 2/6, 3 days out and already frustrated

    Toward the end of my first week, the only way I could lift my leg up or down was by using a yoga strap (basically any long sash/belt, the belt from your bath robe works) to put it across the bottom of my foot and I used my hands to hold the ends of the strap and slowly swing my leg out and down...
  2. Wellness in Virginia

    Bilateral TKR Post-TKR Scar Removal Scope

    On bonesmart, I felt so safe to share all my pain, and struggles, pre and post my BTKR. Your ROM will continue to improve. It did for me. Keep sharing. We're all here for one another.
  3. Wellness in Virginia

    Home Alone After Surgery

    Using the straight back chair would work, although it's no ideal. It works. My only concern is the pillow that you plan to put on the chair. If the pillow slips off the chair, do you have a Grip and Grab that you can use to pick the pillow up from the floor to put it back on the chair? In any...
  4. Wellness in Virginia

    Bilateral TKR Redsdad recovery thread

    Hello there. I am a yoga teacher and had BTKR. From my personal experience, I find that the stretch called "Child's Pose" of yoga. Please look up on You Tube or google image so you can see what Child's Pose looks like really helps to stretch the quadriceps and alleviate the tightness and...
  5. Wellness in Virginia

    TKR Scar Tissue

    Dear drsmagic --- I will pray for your comfort and speedy recovery. If the Tylenol does an adequate job of alleviating your pain then I am happy for you. If you cannot get comfortable enough to sleep at night there are free guided sleep meditation on YouTube that you might like to listen to...
  6. Wellness in Virginia

    Revision TKR HELP - 16 months out and in pain<

    I had my BTKR in 2014. I am not as knowledgeable as many others on this Forum. I just write to say that I will pray for your healing, dear Scheherazade. Hugs!
  7. Wellness in Virginia

    Bilateral TKR Redsdad recovery thread

    I had BTKR also. What helped me to get on and off the bed was to use a yoga strap or a belt from my bath robe, wrap the strap/belt around the bottoms of my feet. Sit on the bed first then with the straps around the bottom of my feet I swing my legs out from bed to place them on the floor and...
  8. Wellness in Virginia

    TKR Blood clot in knee 2 days after surgery

    Please ICE, ICE, ICE, and elevate. That helped me a lot with keeping the swelling down.
  9. Wellness in Virginia

    TKR One Year Update: problems cycling

    I remember quite well how difficult the low couch was for me post my BTKR. Glad to see you're doing so well. :loveshwr:
  10. Wellness in Virginia

    Revision TKR Totally recovered at last!

    When will you be able to have the TKR on the right knee? I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers for your 14-hr shift. That's challenging even with knees that are strong. Take care.
  11. Wellness in Virginia

    Has anyone tried stem cell therapy for hip arthritis?

    Celebrex is really expensive and I found no difference in the degree of effectiveness between Celebrex and over-the-counter Ibuprofen (which is very inexpensive) so I stopped taking Celebrex. Hope you will feel great soon!
  12. Wellness in Virginia

    Has anyone tried stem cell therapy for hip arthritis?

    @aging not so gracefully -- Dear Aging, it's not prescription meds, it's only a supplement, but I have found sam-E, by Nature Made, to be quite effective in relieving arthritic pain. You can find it at Costco. If you don't belong to a Costco, you can also purchase it online from Amazon. When...
  13. Wellness in Virginia

    Bilateral TKR Little improvements = Big gains

    How are you doing today? We are always here for you. If you have trouble sleeping, due to all different time zones, someone somewhere is awake and on this Forum who may be able to answer your questions or provide you with emotional support. I had a BTKR 7 months ago. Returned to teaching...
  14. Wellness in Virginia

    LTHR or RTKR which should I do first?

    @webbie73 --- I am so sorry you are feeling so much pain. I can't speak to your surgeon's protocol but my surgeon's policy is based entirely on pain level and loss of function. So it would really be up to the patient to decide which joint she wants replaced first. Which is hurting you more...
Back
Top Bottom