Recent content by Wednesday

  1. Wednesday

    TKR Saying hi and 2 weeks out<

    If it's any comfort to you, I found that the narcotic drugs were of very little use, and the side effects were most unpleasant. It wasn't until two months post-op that I switched to Tylenol--same pain; no side effects. It is a painful surgery, but the results are well worth it.
  2. Wednesday

    Bilateral TKR 4 months out, still lots of pain<

    Perhaps my situation was unique, but I started feeling a lot better after the second month when I stopped physical therapy despite the fact that I was entitled to eight additional sessions. I always had the sense that they were pushing too hard, and I found that I did better just walking and...
  3. Wednesday

    Bilateral TKR Two-Year Kneeaversary

    Hi! It's been a while since I last posted, but I remember all the help and kind words I received from forum members,and I wanted to say hello to the old timers and provide some encouragement to the newbies. I had my bilateral knee replacement on April 1, 2014, so it will be two years by the end...
  4. Wednesday

    Two-Year Kneeaversary

    Hi! It's been a while since I last posted, but I remember all the help and kind words I received from forum members,and I wanted to say hello to the old timers and provide some encouragement to the newbies. I had my bi-lateral knee replacement on April 1, 2014, so it will be two years by the...
  5. Wednesday

    Bilateral TKR No Longer an April Fool

    It's now a little over a year since my surgery, and I wanted to come back to offer encouragement to those just beginning the process. One year later, I need someone to remind me I had knee surgery; I simply don't think about it any longer. The scars have faded, and the memories have too. This...
  6. Wednesday

    Bilateral TKR No Longer an April Fool

    I'm now approaching six months post op after bilateral knee replacement, so I thought it was time for an update :) Here's where I stand today. 0 pain 0 medications (even dropped the Tylenol ) I have no clue what my ROM is, but it's really really good. I have total mobility, can take...
  7. Wednesday

    TKR Canadian Girl's Journey

    Another "hi" from me. :)
  8. Wednesday

    Bilateral TKR No Longer an April Fool

    Thank you, Lisa, for thinking of me. I hope you're doing well too. I really enjoyed following your thread. I haven't been around for a while, and actually that's a good thing. It means my knees are no longer the focus of my world. So here's a a 4-month update. All is well. Don't ask about my...
  9. Wednesday

    TKR Is this as good as it gets?

    Every progresses at his own pace. You're well in the range of normal.
  10. Wednesday

    Bilateral TKR LauraLeigh's NEW knees!

    You're doing great LauraLeigh especially after only little more than one month. Naps are good especially when you have a little friend to join you. :)
  11. Wednesday

    TKR Canadian Girl's Journey

    Good luck Beetle. You're an expert now. You'll do great. :thumb:
  12. Wednesday

    TKR Made it June 11th'ers

    @71Beetle will be thinking of you. Good luck on Thursday.
  13. Wednesday

    Bilateral TKR I'm on the other side and looking for the handshake.

    Super. Keep up the good work. :thumb:
  14. Wednesday

    Bilateral TKR No Longer an April Fool

    Thank you for your kind words. The knee is still feeling ok so I'm not too worried, but my foot is really hurting. I'm glad I still have my meds. I was lucky because it was only two steps. I don't want to even imagine how bad it could have been if it were a full flight. I think I am a total...
  15. Wednesday

    Bilateral TKR No Longer an April Fool

    It was a fall, unfortunately. I think I was trying to protect my knees and fell to the side, in the process getting an mwa (what a great term) on my right leg. Limping now, but it's because of the pain in my foot, luckily not the knee. I'm feeling pretty dumb--and sore--right now.
Back
Top Bottom