Recent content by wayner1

  1. W

    Anterior vs. Posterior THR

    Agree with @leejaa - I was anterior 4 weeks ago, walking on crutches by Day 4 and unaided within 2 weeks. So the leg/hip are working but I’m just finally getting a decent nights sleep, reduced naps finally and planning on returning to work p/t next week. Your body needs more time to recover...
  2. W

    New member with pain management question

    I’m almost 4 weeks out now - I was given Tylenol-3 prescription which is Tylenol with Codeine when I was discharged on Day 2 and I stopped those on Day 4 except for bedtime for another few nights. I went to extra strength Tylenol only every 6 hours AND I iced for 16+ hours every day for the...
  3. W

    THR Day10

    @Sam49 - I’m at day 10 with minimal swelling now and I’ve been icing 14 hours a day since I got home. It’s too bad someone didn’t give you that advice as I feel it’s made a huge difference to me. I did have some pain or more likely hypersensitivity in my big toe for first few days but it’s...
  4. W

    THR Surgery complete, but pain in big toe

    I’m doing pretty good all things considered. Day 10 now, just did a full lap around the block pretty much only using one crutch, just carrying the other for balance. Pain is what I’d say is minimal considering the surgery and while I have some log leg just below the incision, the constant icing...
  5. W

    THR I can dance already...but should I?

    I’m 8 days in and I’m doing 10-15 min walks 2x day outside on crutches now - I don’t necessarily get too far though. The walker is put away now. Clinic wanted me to do some simple physio exercises 4x day but I’d rather spend my limited energy walking outside but I do try to work thru them a...
  6. W

    THR Surgery complete, but pain in big toe

    surgery went very well on Monday morning, home by noon on Tuesday after many shuffling trips to the potty, a 10:30pm wake up call for X-rays and some simple physio stretches all completed. No more hip pain! After day 3, pretty much off anything but straight Tylenol now. But I do have pain and...
  7. W

    Ice machines

    @Chappyd, good luck Monday. I too am spending the weekend doing final prep, last minute practice on the stairs, psyching myself up.
  8. W

    Ice machines

    Thanks @Eman85 - that makes sense to just do it over the pj's. Can't imagine I'll be getting into the tux and dancing for a few weeks at least! And yes, just tested that 3 or 4 standard plastic water bottles fit fine so pulling empties out of the recycle bin now and freezing a bunch.
  9. W

    Ice machines

    Thanks for the info. I ended up purchasing the Breg Polar Care Kodiak and now my question is around what's best to put under the cold pad? I didn't order any of their pads thinking there's cheaper alternatives - terry cloth towel, elastic bandage?
  10. W

    We can rebuild him. We have the technology

    I went and bought the forearm crutches yesterday while reserving the toilet seat, shower seat and walker. The Mrs. is in Florida having her holiday before she comes back to being the nursemaid so I’m all set! Ha! 2 weeks to go - starting to get serious now.
  11. W

    We can rebuild him. We have the technology

    I’m up for the anterior approach and was told one night stay whereas the posterior patients were told 2 nights stay. Good idea on practice with the walker and crutches - I was going to hold off getting them until just before but will chase them down this weekend. Do most people use the underarm...
  12. W

    second thougths - thinking of cancelling - not enough symptoms?

    @bk1, I’m hardly an expert but I was considering a post from the opposite POV. I went 2 years with minimal pain to what I see and hear others experience but my X-rays showed sufficient damage that I was accepted and having it in 3 weeks now. But even a month ago I was wondering if I should go...
  13. W

    Meet the OS on my birthday!

    Thanks - coming quick now and like most, excited, nervous, worried but I’m so tired of being tired and sore and limited in what I can do Hopefully we won’t get too much snow around then as my better half wil have dog, house, grandkids and snow removal on top of my incessant demands! :loll:
  14. W

    Heading to the Bright Side of the Road!

    My 4th and first granddaughter due in next 2 weeks so I’ll get a couple weeks before my LTHR on April 15 after which means they’ll have to come see me I guess for a few weeks at least. But thinking of doing the ‘Hulk smash’ with the 3 year old grandson on the floor without pain is a nice...
  15. W

    Hip replacement is in my future

    So @Chappyd , we share birth year and surgery date! I hope it goes well for both of us. Hard to plan much beyond that date yet, not sure how long it will take. Already getting the Aunt Edna stories such as ‘ my Aunt Edna had a new hip at 75 and was walking the next day!’
Back
Top Bottom