Recent content by wander03

  1. wander03

    TKR 9 Weeks Post LTKR

    I believe that day will come, probably sooner than you now think. :loveshwr: I appreciate your thoughtfulness, but don’t be sad for me. My right knee had been painful when I walked for well over a year before the replacement, and it is no longer painful. For that I am thankful. Everything is...
  2. wander03

    THR Hip Hip Hooray!

    From my experience with two THR about three months apart, I empathize with you. Both of my replacements were in mid-2022, so it has been almost two years. I remember that it was difficult for the first few weeks and that I had a lot of pain. I had forgotten from the first THR to the second one...
  3. wander03

    TKR 9 Weeks Post LTKR

    It has been almost three years since I had a RTKR. I still have some constriction in my knee, but it has become more tolerable. I am posting to share the shoes I found on Saturday. My daughter and I were looking around, not really expecting to see anything we wanted to buy. Jennifer suggested I...
  4. wander03

    THR And now the healing begins

    Hi there. Life goes on. I am still doing relatively well. I was cycling on my recumbent bike one to one-and-a-half hours most days and started having constant pain in my left hip. I saw my OS on January 30. Fortunately x-rays showed my hip replacement is fine. I had pain just about all the...
  5. wander03

    TKR Aggressive Physical Therapy

    @Jamie The possibility of adhesions was considered sometime ago. A few weeks ago, I conferred with Chris, the PT who worked with me for a considerable length of time with my knee and my hips. After we discussed the situation, he told me which of the quads he thinks is creating the problem. I am...
  6. wander03

    THR And now the healing begins

    I haven't checked in for a while, so here I am. I have so much for which to be thankful during the Thanksgiving season, not the least of which is the support and encouragement I received from BoneSmart during my recoveries from three joint replacements. Thank you! to all who gave me that support...
  7. wander03

    TKR Aggressive Physical Therapy

    Thank you all for your prayers and, as always, your support. I will let you know how well the pillow works to ease pain when I sleep. @Jockette I am sorry to know that you and others still have challenges after PKRs or TKRs. I wish I were the only one. I checked back in this thread and saw that...
  8. wander03

    TKR Aggressive Physical Therapy

    July 19 was the second anniversary of my right TKR. And my right knee is still constricted. I know of absolutely no one else who has had a knee replacement who is not walking normally, generally a few weeks or definitely two or three months after the surgery. I think I need to accept that this...
  9. wander03

    THR And now the healing begins

    Today is the fiirst anniversary of my second THR. I am grateful that I no longer have pain in my hips and look forward to many years of painfree activity. It would be nice if my right knee were not constricted, but at least I can be thankful for no hip pain. If you read this and have recently...
  10. wander03

    THR Left hip THR - June 8th, 2023 recovery process

    @bay_streety As I recall, I iced more frequently than 3 to 4 times a day, and I think it was beneficial in helping decrease the swelling. I would have to check my recovery thread to be certain. But, it sounds like your swelling has gone down, so apparently what you've been doing is working. I...
  11. wander03

    THR Right Hip recovery 6/1/23 anterior

    @tanvat I, too, had the anterior approach for both of my THRs. I liked that there were almost no restrictions. I only had a restriction as to how much weight I could lift for a specific period of time. It was quite a while before I could put on my socks or tie shoes. I used a sock puller and...
  12. wander03

    THR And now the healing begins

    @Layla Seeing the fall leaves, if they turn that early, would be a nice bonus. Something more to anticipate.
  13. wander03

    THR And now the healing begins

    My trip to Minnesota will not be the last week of June. :sad: After all our planning, Jennifer is unable to go with me that week, and she is also looking forward to seeing Debra. Since I think the trip will be more enjoyable with Jennifer, we are planning to go in September. It’s a...
  14. wander03

    THR And now the healing begins

    @Jaycey June 27 will be the first anniversary of my second THR. When do you think it will no longer be considered a "new" hip in determining appropriate exercise?
  15. wander03

    THR And now the healing begins

    Aquatic therapy seems to be somewhat beneficial for my right knee. It seems to be a bit less constricted. I remain optimistic that I will be able to walk unassisted. Chrystel wants me to participate in aquatic aerobics at Mercy Fitness and go to aquatic therapy every other week for two or three...
Back
Top Bottom