Guest viewing is limited

TKR Aggressive Physical Therapy

@Jamie The possibility of adhesions was considered sometime ago. A few weeks ago, I conferred with Chris, the PT who worked with me for a considerable length of time with my knee and my hips. After we discussed the situation, he told me which of the quads he thinks is creating the problem. I am doing an exercise that he thinks will help, and I am cycling on my recumbent bike at least five days a week for an hour to an hour-and-a-half. One day I just didn't stop and cycled for two hours. I walk around the house most of the time without a cane but take a cane with me when I go out in case I need it. I think I am still making progress, albiet slowly. Hope springs eternal.

Thank you for the information concerning the doctor. It's nice to know I have it if I need it. Here's hoping that I don't!
 
@wander03….I’m glad to hear you’re working with a good therapist who is willing to try some things to help you. They are usually in a better position to help with soft tissue issues than your surgeon. You might talk with him about trying trigger point therapy. That is a procedure that helped me after my hip replacement. My quads were developing clumps of tissue in spasm (you could actually feel the knots) that caused pain and weakness. Pressure is applied to those points deep in the muscle until the spasm releases. Mine did come back after the press was done, but less every time. Eventually it was gone or at least lessened to the point that I could function. It’s possible that this might help you as well.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom