Recent content by Vespa_mod

  1. Vespa_mod

    THR New year, new hip.

    Thank you, @Mojo333. Have a great weekend. I have been out for a cycle a couple of times and today was my first day out on my Vespa so I am slowing getting back to doing all the things I enjoyed in the past. I have an old VW beetle that I have been restoring but i have been putting that off over...
  2. Vespa_mod

    THR New year, new hip.

    That’s very true @Klassy, I have got my life back and i would recommend it to anyone who is my age (very young) ha ha, not to hold off. I have mentioned before that I appreciate just putting my headphones on and going out for a walk and not having the fear of pain when walking and the dread of...
  3. Vespa_mod

    THR thr recovery

    Hi @Giddsy1, hope your doing well. Just to follow up from @Klassy, I went back to work last Friday after taking 12 weeks off. It is a physically demanding, 12 hour a day job and I got on fine. A lot of the time when doing things I didn’t even give my hip much of a thought but things like...
  4. Vespa_mod

    THR New year, new hip.

    Hi @Layla, everything has been great so far. I work on the engineering side on a local ferry, which can be a physically demanding job at times so I took the full 12 weeks off and returned to work last Friday. Everything went well, I was able to do everything I used to do like kneeling down and...
  5. Vespa_mod

    THR thr recovery

    Hi @Giddsy1 good to hear you are in recovery now and on the mend. After having my left hip replacement, in the first few days I never imagined I would be able to do the things I can do now after only 5 weeks. My left leg actually feels stronger than my right now when I am out for a walk and I...
  6. Vespa_mod

    THR Equestrian's recovery with Ehlers Danlos

    Hi @PolarIce good to see you on the recovery side. I hope everything goes well for you in your recover and you are back in the saddle soon. You look a lot better than how I looked when I came out of my operation. You are like a Disney princess where as I looked like a troll from under a bridge...
  7. Vespa_mod

    THR Time off work.

    Hi @Giddsy1 wishing you all the best for your operation tomorrow. I'm coming up to 5 weeks post left hip replacement and roughly the same age, turn 48 on Thursday and having the operation has already given me a new lease of life. Before this, the thought of going out for a walk round the block...
  8. Vespa_mod

    THR Pre-surgery quarantine?

    Hi @PolarIce just wanted to wish you all the best with your upcoming operation. Hopefully in a few days you will be on the road to recovery and pain free. Take care and good luck.
  9. Vespa_mod

    THR New year, new hip.

    @Hip4life you are so correct. I had all these great ideas of things I was going to achieve while laid up but they have all gone out the window. The only thing I have stuck at is a bit of planning for our upcoming holiday to Florida in July. I have spreadsheets made up in my laptop and even have...
  10. Vespa_mod

    THR New year, new hip.

    Hi Layla, thank you. Things have been going pretty well, I think have been making steady progress. I am able to walk for a mile each morning using just the one crutch and then a shorter walk, about half a mile, later in the evening when the Scottish weather allows. Some days I can tell that I...
  11. Vespa_mod

    THR New year, new hip.

    Thanks for your kind words. PolarIce, hopefully you will be on the other side of a replacement soon, think I read that you are having one replaced in February. If you need me to send you a Nurse Ratched to help with your recovery let me know:heehee: I have 2 teenage kids and this must be...
  12. Vespa_mod

    THR New year, new hip.

    Hi, thank you for thinking of me and sorry I haven’t posted any updates. 10 days in and everything has been going well, got out of hospital last Sunday and the 2hr drive home wasn’t too bad. Wife took her time driving which must have been hard for her because she usually drives so fast, she goes...
  13. Vespa_mod

    THR New year, new hip.

    Happy new year everyone. I have had my X-ray today and surgeon is happy. Been using crutches to walk along corridor and go up and down stairs so physio and surgeon happy for me to go home today if I felt up to it but it is a 2hr 30mins drive for my wife to come and collect me so I am going to...
  14. Vespa_mod

    THR New year, new hip.

    Hi everyone, just a quick update. Had surgery this morning and surgeon is happy that everything went well. Physio had been to see me, she got me to do some exercises and then went for a small walk along the corridor which felt fine. Not in too much pain, mostly from the incision and the nurses...
  15. Vespa_mod

    THR Worried, 3 weeks until operation and may have a stomach ulcer.

    Thank you everyone for the kind words and I will hopefully let everyone know how I am doing tomorrow night. Bag packed, chocolates inside, alarm set for 4am, hope I don’t sleep in:sleep: Thank you again everyone, I’m glad to have found this site, a bunch of friends who are going through the same...
Back
Top Bottom