Guest viewing is limited

THR New year, new hip.

You and my husband would get along great! Lol. We’re currently planning a June Yellowstone trip that got delayed because of my hip surgery and then Covid. The spreadsheets are nothing less than impressive! It’s fun to have something to look forward to to keep you going. Sounds like a great trip you have planned.
 
Hello again, it’s so nice to read your response. You seem to be doing well!

Scottish weather in January…Hmm, I’ll have to look that up. We’re brutally cold here. Well today we had a reprieve 28F / -2C so not too pleasant. Hopefully your weather is more tolerable.

It’s considerate of you to tidy the house for your wife while she’s at work. I thought THR was a good excuse NOT to do housework, even though I like it clean, having an excuse minimizes the guilt. Take it easy and don’t overdo it. Hopefully you’ll get to your guitar one of these days. :fingersx:

I’ll bet you get a good report from the consultant on the 18th. If we don’t hear from you before then, please let us know how the appt was. I hope you feel steadier and stronger with each passing week!
@Vespa_mod
 
You and my husband would get along great! Lol. We’re currently planning a June Yellowstone trip that got delayed because of my hip surgery and then Covid. The spreadsheets are nothing less than impressive! It’s fun to have something to look forward to to keep you going. Sounds like a great trip you have planned.
I couldn't agree more!!! having something exciting to help keep your head up, is the best way to handle things. We are supposed to be riding in the Calgary Stampede Parade July 2nd. That's my got to goal I have in mind. We have some smaller parades we want to take our horses in at the end of May(I am also shooting for those). Time will tell what we end up being able to do.

Goals and positive activities are an absolutely fantastic way to stay positive, excited and working hard to get yourself better.
 
Happy Three Month Anniversary!
I hope all is going well. Give us a shout out next time you drop by, we’d love to hear how you’re doing.
All the best, hope you have a great Spring 2022!
@Vespa_mod
 
Hi @Layla, everything has been great so far.
I work on the engineering side on a local ferry, which can be a physically demanding job at times so I took the full 12 weeks off and returned to work last Friday. Everything went well, I was able to do everything I used to do like kneeling down and wriggling into small spaces to fix things without really thinking about it.
I go out for 2 or 3 shorter walks during the day as my right hip gives me a bit of bother on longer walks so I don’t want to over do it too much.
Everything seemed to fall into place exactly as described on this forum, I was able to get my sock on at 6 weeks to my relief as you would have thought I had asked my wife and son for a kidney every time I asked them to put it on for me.
I look on this site most days to see how everyone is doing and it has been a great source of information so thank you to everyone who contributes to it.
 
I was able to get my sock on at 6 weeks to my relief as you would have thought I had asked my wife and son for a kidney every time I asked them to put it on for me.
HaHa!
Seriously, that is a great update. It will be very encouraging for young folk (48 is young, to me) with physically demanding jobs who are facing the prospect of a hip replacement. You have really got your life back, in the best way.
 
That’s very true @Klassy, I have got my life back and i would recommend it to anyone who is my age (very young) ha ha, not to hold off.
I have mentioned before that I appreciate just putting my headphones on and going out for a walk and not having the fear of pain when walking and the dread of recovering when getting back.
I was very apprehensive about getting the surgery due to my work as we have to pass a medical for sea before going back. Had my medical 2 weeks ago and it was probably the easiest medical I have had in a while (we have to have them every 2 years) due to trying to hide the fact that i was in pain with my hip.
 
Last edited:
:wave:@Vespa_mod
Glad to see you are doing so well.:loveshwr:

It still feels incredible to me (after nearly 5 years post BTHR) that I am back to my life and have left behind the days of neverending hip pain and nights of rolling about with no way to get comfortable enough to sleep.

Makes me appreciate the little things so much more....like going for a walk.
Hope your weekend is sunny and bright.:SUNsmile:
 
Thank you, @Mojo333. Have a great weekend.
I have been out for a cycle a couple of times and today was my first day out on my Vespa so I am slowing getting back to doing all the things I enjoyed in the past.
I have an old VW beetle that I have been restoring but i have been putting that off over the last couple of years due to the pain I knew I would suffer when working on it. I now feel confident that I will be able to get back to working on it, pain free when the warmer weather comes back So that’s another goal to look forward to.
 
Love riding...our Georgia weather is getting so nice, so I've spent weekends 4wheeling through some rough terrain in the woods and I hope to go out to the coast soon to go boating and fishing.

Beetle bugs are so cool....I had an older yellow one back in the late 80's that, in hindsight, I wished I would have kept.
I'm kind of a hippy dippy sort, according to family and friends....so it would match my vibe better, not to mention the great gas mileage.

Don't get too cocky and strain that baby hip ....
Lots of good times to come!
 
Hello and Happy Friday! :wave:
Glad to hear you’re back at work and things are going smoothly. I’m sorry your other hip is bothering you at times. Seems to be a common story on the forum.
We’re happy to hear you found BS a great source of information. Thank you for joining us and expressing your appreciation. I hope you won’t be a stranger here.
Have a wonderful weekend!
@Vespa_mod
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom