Recent content by ukisgr8

  1. ukisgr8

    THR When to golf again ..

    I'm guessing its a doctor deal on what they feel comfortable with. He cleared me to golf after 8 weeks but I just chipped and putted since I was still hobbling around. I would listen to your doc though. He knows you best
  2. ukisgr8

    THR When to golf again ..

    Perhaps. I'm a right handed golfer who had a left hip replacement. So I don't know
  3. ukisgr8

    THR When to golf again ..

    I went easy the first few holes but then went full swing afterwards. My first time out playing 18 was 3 months post op. Had surgery on march 6th, 2013 and play at least twice a week
  4. ukisgr8

    THR break on through

    Nah, I had planned to go golfing but never made it. I chipped around the around a little but very easy swings. I don't have that "pain" if I use the cane but can still feel it if bending to the side of the LHR. I quote pain because it's not a bad pain but it's aggravating and limiting. I go...
  5. ukisgr8

    THR break on through

    Not played golf yet and job consists of sitting with feet propped up..lol I have pushed it in other things though. The groin muscle pull feeling though has me really concerned but I don't understand why it doesn't hurt when I lift my leg but does in the other position. Really weird
  6. ukisgr8

    THR break on through

    Josephine Poppet Please read my previous post and see if you can give me some advice. thanks
  7. ukisgr8

    THR break on through

    Help Back on the cane I've been walking without it, despite a slight limp, or what I call wobble. I'll try to explain what the issue is. The groin area hurts. But it's only when I do certain movements. Having my feet shoulder length apart and then stretching sideways as to touch my knee...
  8. ukisgr8

    THR break on through

    Off topic I know, but I have been trying to do my family tree and have gone back to my great......grandfather, who's name was Daniel Widows(his wife Julia Johnson). Anyway, they were born in Shuffield, England back in 1795. Was curious if anyone was from that area and if I'm related to any of...
  9. ukisgr8

    THR Street walking

    lol, me too. I was prepared to answer. My Doc said wait 6 weeks but Josephine has links to different positions that are safe. :thumb:
  10. ukisgr8

    THR Puddin is on the other side

    lol, I can fake a good walk as well. I feel like I'm doing great but I still have a little "wobble". Some do seem to recover much faster than others though, like Barbara. I mean, 10 days after surgery and quit using her cane, wow. My doc made me stay on my walker for 3 weeks before switching...
  11. ukisgr8

    THR break on through

    uggggh, worked a full day yesterday and was tired at the end of it but my sleep patterns of the 6 weeks off caught up to me. I couldn't get much sleep last night and did not want to get out of bed this morning. 5:30 am comes around fast. I thought this feeling would take a week or two but day...
  12. ukisgr8

    THR I'm finally here!!!! LTHR

    A couple of new people crossing over in this thread. Wow, those first 2 weeks, I did not feel like getting on a computer. The Anesthesia did me in and I couldn't use the bathroom for 3 days using stool softeners. I started getting sick so I took some laxatives and stayed on the bedside...
  13. ukisgr8

    THR break on through

    I won't and thanks. I got into a bad habit when I was off work. My wife is a nurse and she works 12 hour night shifts so she's up all night, even when off. I got used to staying up with her and now I have to readjust to staying up all day. lol
  14. ukisgr8

    THR what is wrong with my progress?

    thanson1964, please give an update. Will they have to redo your hip replacement?
  15. ukisgr8

    THR what is wrong with my progress?

    I am lucky because I didn't need pain meds anymore after week 2, it was just a matter of the muscles working.
Back
Top Bottom