Guest viewing is limited

THR break on through

Status
Not open for further replies.
ukisgr8, in the beginning, I felt like I had to learn to walk again. I still think, "heel toe heel toe move your hips," when I'm walking for any length of time-- I think I was walking strangely because my right hip was so stiff. I stopped using the cane in the house a few days after I got home from the hospital, and only used it outside when the weather was bad-- but I wasn't going out much; it was raining and snowing a lot. I haven't used it in a while now.

But everyone is different, so don't go by me.

tankeryanker, I loved The Doors, too.
 
Congrats on the golf work. I cannot wait to get out and do some putting and chipping. Maybe in two weeks. I fully understand your thoughts on those that are there when times are tough. I have a golf buddy that is there for whatever I ask. When do they say you will be able to take a full golf swing?
 
i was told whenever i felt comfortable i could start golfing. tomorrow if i wanted. it seems like the first 4 weeks i was hitting a wall but when week 5 started i hit an escalator and just took off for some reason. it seems daily i get better and better. I've been chipping and putting and practicing full swings with no pain and soreness. yesterday I went shooting with my new 30-06 and 9 mm and zeroed them in so hunting and golfing is getting closer...lol Return to work next monday. Could have returned this week but he said wait.

I really feel like a new man with this hip. I would ask your doc though on golfing, some may be different.
 
good advice. i go back in a week and a half and that question will be asked. You are right about week four. I am at four and a half weeks and this week the energy level and comfort zone is greatly increased.
 
I'm back at work today. Now it feels like my life is starting over again with a great hip. lol I never thought I'd be excited about going back to work but a man can only rehab so much. I plan on being just as aggressive as before with rehab but this is a much needed break. Almost 6 weeks out from surgery and feeling good.
 
ukisgr8... Jolly good, just keep an eye on the energy drain.. I went back at 7 weeks and it hit me the second week...

So pleased you are doing so well though :)
 
That's wonderful news ukisgr8 Have a good day at work but try not to over do it
 
I won't and thanks. I got into a bad habit when I was off work. My wife is a nurse and she works 12 hour night shifts so she's up all night, even when off. I got used to staying up with her and now I have to readjust to staying up all day. lol
 
Great news! Celebrate normalcy.
 
uggggh, worked a full day yesterday and was tired at the end of it but my sleep patterns of the 6 weeks off caught up to me. I couldn't get much sleep last night and did not want to get out of bed this morning. 5:30 am comes around fast. I thought this feeling would take a week or two but day 2, I'm officially dragging. lol
 
Now it feels like my life is starting over again with a great hip
Yes! I totally agree. After nearly 2 years of plodding around, hunched in pain like an old lady (lol), I am standing tall and feel like I can take on the world. I can't wait to go back to work a new person.
Ally
P.s. and I'm even looking forward to playground duty. Something I haven't been able to do for months.
 
Off topic I know, but I have been trying to do my family tree and have gone back to my great......grandfather, who's name was Daniel Widows(his wife Julia Johnson). Anyway, they were born in Shuffield, England back in 1795. Was curious if anyone was from that area and if I'm related to any of the fine Brits on this board?
And is it the same place as Sheffield?
 
Help

Back on the cane

I've been walking without it, despite a slight limp, or what I call wobble. I'll try to explain what the issue is.

The groin area hurts. But it's only when I do certain movements. Having my feet shoulder length apart and then stretching sideways as to touch my knee with my hand. I get the same sensation when I wobble.

I have zero discomfort when I'm laying on my side lifting my leg up in the air in the groin area.

Does this make sense? If not, I'll try to explain it better. thanks
 
Tagging alexthecat for you too. She's very knowledgeable about the exercise/movement piece of this.

I am wondering why you ditched the cane if you are still limping/wobbling. Might be premature. You are also back at work, and playing golf, and less than 8 weeks out.....just possible you're pushing the envelope a little too agressively. I have a feeling you don't want to hear this....but the truth is that as soon as we start to feel decent, we rush to get back to our activities, and suddenly we aren't feeling quite as well. It doesn't mean anything is wrong...it just means we have a heck of a lot of healing to do, and our body will tell us if we need to back off. Your body is telling you something, I think.

Sharon
 
Not played golf yet and job consists of sitting with feet propped up..lol

I have pushed it in other things though. The groin muscle pull feeling though has me really concerned but I don't understand why it doesn't hurt when I lift my leg but does in the other position. Really weird
 
Sounds to me like normal post-op pain at seven weeks post-op. It should clear up with further healing. In the meantime, Jo can advise you on pain medication. I agree with Sharon about continuing to use the cane until you are no longer limping or "wobbling".
 
Sounds like post-op pain to me also.

I have some questions to ask you:
1. what medications have you been prescribed, how much are you taking and how often?
2. how often are you icing your hip?
3. what is your activity level? What do you do in the way of housework, cooking, cleaning, shopping, gradening etc., and PT?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom