Recent content by tyorke1

  1. T

    THR 2 yr update

    Hello everyone. I figured I would update for those nervous or undecided. I am 85% -90% back to where I was before any hip issues. I work out like a mad man at the gym. I dont run but thats it. I can spend an hr on the elliptical. I use the assault bike to the max. I have zero pain. I have to...
  2. T

    THR 2 yr update

    Hello Hippie's I am 13mon post op from posterior right hip replacement. At this stage zero pain , strength is great. I go on an elliptical for an hr 5-6days a week or do hard interval's and would never know it was done. There are some limitations , I don't run anymore and I miss running...
  3. T

    THR 2 yr update

    6.5 months recovery and all is great. Won our opening invitational right on the 6mon mark. first 3 rds were 73-71-69 at the 5 month mark. Only pain is driving or over doing something and that has to be allot. I walk the course , back at work (corrections) . for anyone on the fence I have zero...
  4. T

    THR 2 yr update

    Hello Hippes, been a bit since I updated. my 12 week appointment is tomorrow, for many of you great things are coming. I have already played a rd on golf on a simulator, Im walking at a speed on treadmill that is the same as before my hip went bad. I can ride an exercise bike as hard as I want...
  5. T

    THR Trouble sleeping on my back

    golf 2 months out , nicceee, I did hit 10 balls last week swinging at 70%. Would not try a driver for a bit. Im at 10 weeks on sunday. Glad things are well
  6. T

    THR 2 yr update

    A little update. Hip has been doing great ,strong, walking without a cain all the time. Rode exercise bike yesterday and on a decent tension for 45min the stretched then went again last eve did eliptical for 30min then stretched. And not sore today surprisingly. People wouldn't know I had it...
  7. T

    THR Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<

    how many weeks on avg before your able to put socks on
  8. T

    THR Layla's Recovery

    There seems to be so many compensations made for ailing hips , in your situation you may have aggravated your heel. Good move going to the ft dr. The rest and meds seems right. Many yrs ago I had a ft issue , ice bathing your ft does wonders. Put ft in hold for as long as you can and repeat as...
  9. T

    THR Trouble sleeping on my back

    Dive17 I get the chills, bad chills or DT'S when I stopped the perks. I should have said I will try to qualify for the OPEN. Hip surgery is interesting, some exercises my new hip seems stronger doing certain things than the other. Also the new day ache's, Our bodies are adjusting to the new hip...
  10. T

    THR 2 yr update

    thanks Jacky, I sat on third bottom step and brought my foot to second step and managed to tie my shoe , sort of like sitting heel slides, worked fine. That was good. It is hard to know what is pushing it too much , what you can or can't do. Thanks
  11. T

    THR 2 yr update

    Thanks things went really well, I have to keep an eye on the incision but he was not that concerned. My doc says very little. He wants me to do water exercise in 1 or 2 weeks from now. Now that the precautions are off what does this really mean. Sleeping anyway you want, I know he still wants...
  12. T

    THR Trouble sleeping on my back

    Nice update, as a competitive golfer , I have been putting in basement, taking limited backswings and working on forearms. I have a rm booked to try and qualify for the 2018 British senior open in July at ST ANDREWS !! . Doc thinks I might be ready . With a bad hip I managed to almost make it...
  13. T

    THR 6 weeks post op--over it!<

    That was some journey, strong perseverance , you can give yourself lots of credit for battling thru, hope things are doing great now. @alg72
  14. T

    THR 2 yr update

    thanks as always Layla, walked for 40min today on track no pain. I will top out at 45 for quite some time . Ill only do this 3-4 times per week . My wife says Im faster now than when I walked before!!. really looking forward to the 16th and my 6week check up. good look at incision and find out...
  15. T

    THR 2 yr update

    I go to a track , and most likely the track that caused all the issues from too much running on it.
Back
Top Bottom