THR 6 weeks post op--over it!<

I certainly feel you did the right thing by not doing the movements that caused you so much fear! Is it possible to hold off on PT for awhile (or permanently for that matter)? You should definately seek some medical care for your PTSD! Have you spoken to your PCP to possibly obtain a referral to someone whose expertise is PTSD? Sending you prayers.
 
I think it's entirely natural to be worried about dislocation. The reality almost doesn't matter because you are still so close to the experience that you're bound to be anxious and panicky. Sticking with the basic movements which don't cause you stress is unlikely to hold you back at the moment. How often does Josephine tell us all we need to do is walk! It's going to take a while to get your confidence back and that's okay so don't be scared to say no or feel bad for not doing everything asked of you.
 
Well, I did get a list of therapists that are in my health insurance network for my PTSD, did my research on each one, and have picked one out...I called and I have an appointment on Thursday. I'm excited and anxious to see what she has to offer. She specializes in trauma and PTSD. It took me long enough, but I finally am getting the help I need hopefully. I'll let you know how it goes!

I know there are some members on here who don't do PT and/or don't think PT works, but I think it works for me. I need that interaction and knowledge they give me of different exercises on getting my hip stronger. I still feel pretty unstable and not very strong when I walk. If it were only up to me to "just walk" to get my hip strong, I probably wouldn't do it. No offense to anyone....different things work for different people. That's what makes the world go round!
My appt. with my surgeon is sept. 6th. I am hopeful and I' ll keep you all posted.:flwrysmile:
 
Long story short (maybe)...
Doing well! My surgeon said everything looks good physically and the implant has completely healed into the bone.
I have seen a therapist for PTSD and it's been great! Has given me some good insight such as looking up and researching the anesthesia/drug that I was on in the Emergency Room for the 2nd dislocation that made me feel like I was "dying" when I was under. Well, the drug was called Ketamine and I had a horrible reaction to it. Apparently, other people have also had a feeling of "dying" when on it for anesthesia. I know it can help people for pain and depression--some people even use it recreationally for the hallucinations :shocked:!! It was a VERY scary thing for me when they had me on it for anesthesia and I will never have it again (having my doctor put it in my medical records!!). I have been getting out of the house more and getting more and more confident every day!
I feel I'm Getting stronger physically and I plan on returning to work in the office (I have been working from home) on October 3. This has been a very long journey for me (4/18/16--1st hip replacement) and I think I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel! Finally!
Thank you all for listening and good luck to all of you wherever you are in your journey with your new hip!!:dancy::loveshwr::flwrysmile:
 
That is great to hear you are doing better! I went back and read through your post and you have been on one long roller coaster. I'm so sorry you had so much trouble. :(
I hope all goes well with your return to work and you see more improvement on your hip recovery. :)
 
the drug was called Ketamine and I had a horrible reaction to it
Wow! Ketamine is nasty stuff for some. So glad you got clarification and can avoid it forever.

Hope your return to work goes well. Easy does it! Sounds like you have really turned things around. Well done!
 
That was some journey, strong perseverance , you can give yourself lots of credit for battling thru, hope things are doing great now. @alg72
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom