Guest viewing is limited

THR 2 yr update

Glad to hear you are doing well at 12 weeks, still plenty of healing and increased activity are ahead.
 
6.5 months recovery and all is great. Won our opening invitational right on the 6mon mark. first 3 rds were 73-71-69 at the 5 month mark. Only pain is driving or over doing something and that has to be allot. I walk the course , back at work (corrections) . for anyone on the fence I have zero pain if I don't drive for any distance or over do a leg work out and yes I do sqauts , assault bike you name it. As the mod's say walking is the best but I did allot of strength work, my buddy had his done 1 month later and did not do allot is still limping , looks like me at 8 weeks . I took the aggressive root and it worked, maybe not for everyone . For golfers I was swinging a club at 8-10 weeks with no pain. There's a catch 22 you have to work it out to get better just don't over do it and have rest days. Make sure you do your pre-op exercises and do your post op exercises. Hope everyone else is doing well, miss the mod's words of wisdom and pretty faces , take care from PEI
 
Glad you are back to life and doing well!
Onward...:ok:
 
Hi,
Thanks for the update. Congrats on the open invitational win :yay:
Sounds like you're doing well. May it long continue!
@tyorke1
 
  • Like
Reactions: REM
@tyorke1
You'll notice that I have merged your newest thread with your original recovery thread. For several reasons, we prefer that you only have one recovery thread:
  • That way, we have all your information in one place. This makes it easier to go back and review your history before providing advice.
  • If you keep starting new threads, you miss the posts and advice others have left for you in the old threads, and some information may be unnecessarily repeated
  • Having only one thread will act as a diary of your progress that you can look back on.
So please post any updates, questions or concerns about your recovery here. If you prefer a different thread title, just post what you want and we'll get it changed for you.
If you need an urgent response to a question, just tag a member of staff.
How to tag another member; how to answer when someone tags you

Here are the instructions on finding your thread, How can I find my threads and posts? . Many members bookmark their thread, so they can find it when they log on.
 
Hello Hippie's I am 13mon post op from posterior right hip replacement. At this stage zero pain , strength is great. I go on an elliptical for an hr 5-6days a week or do hard interval's and would never know it was done. There are some limitations , I don't run anymore and I miss running. Driving a car for more than 30 min gives a fair bit of discomfort dr must have hit a nerve , he hopes this will go away. Overall at this stage knock on wood I could not be happier even with the minor stuff. If you have doubt's or fears read this forum, be brave and very important be ready for your recovery . Also before your surgery do your exercises the best you can it will pay off in recovery. Good luck feel free to pm me with any questions.
 
Thanks for the update! Glad you are getting on with life again! You will continue to see improvement even this far out. Well done on your recovery.
 
Great update...so nice to get on with your life without horrid hip pain.
I will say, I also had alot of discomfort riding in car or sitting for long period of time. Intermittent groin pain when over active and some small ongoing issues I decided was just going to be things I would be stuck with. But, at 95% better...I was good with that.
But from one year until now, at 21 months...I am even seeing these issues get better !!
 
Last edited:
Great update! You're doing well. May it only get better.
I've read here you can continue to see improvement even after a year.
Wishing you peace, health and happiness in the New Year!
@tyorke1
 
Hello everyone. I figured I would update for those nervous or undecided. I am 85% -90% back to where I was before any hip issues. I work out like a mad man at the gym. I dont run but thats it. I can spend an hr on the elliptical. I use the assault bike to the max. I have zero pain. I have to remind myself I have a new hip and go easy. Mine was posterior surgery. I squat but not heavy just high reps. Good luck to everyone. You have to do your exercises before. By the book after. Keeping weight down is a must 1lb is 6 off the hip. Good luck.
 
Hello @tyorke1
Thanks for stopping by to update. It sounds like you’re doing well and back enjoying life.
All very encouraging for those who read and are waiting on surgery, or are new to recovery.
Take care, be safe and stay well!
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom