Recent content by Trudijane

  1. Trudijane

    THR Fox's Recovery Thread

    Hi, Just read your post. And you brought back such a familiar memory. It's been 2 years for me but I do remember what it felt like the day after surgery!!! It was too painful to get out of bed. I couldn't believe it either. All I can say is that things WILL get better - in a little while.
  2. Trudijane

    THR Questions for people recovering alone

    I puggles - I live alone with my cat (who needs a lot of extra care) and I wasn't sure at first how I ever could handle it on my own. I couldn't - so I needed to plan ahead for awhile. I had to ask people I know to drive me to the hospital and back...as well as pick up medications/food for me...
  3. Trudijane

    THR Shoe temptation

    I had the reverse problem after surgery. I had to pee every 15 minutes or so...after the catheter was removed; and getting out of bed for the 1st 24 hours was a big ordeal for me (pain wise) so to help me rest and give the nurses a break, I guess, they reinserted the catheter for awhile so I...
  4. Trudijane

    THR Worried about Limp PostOp

    Neither will require any kind of invasive procedure. Like gum surgery. It still won't require antibiotics.
  5. Trudijane

    THR Worried about Limp PostOp

    It sounds to me that you chipped your tooth so you will probably need a cap. The procedure for getting a cap is not that invasive. I've never had to take antibiotics for replacing a tooth with a cap. So, I think it would be OK for you to have this procedure done whenever you can. But of...
  6. Trudijane

    THR Post THR question

    Hi, I, myself, had a variety of urinary problems in and out of the hospital. When they removed my catheter, I had to go to the bathroom every half hour which was difficult because I was in so much pain the first few days. I needed help from the nurses that were there. To make things a little...
  7. Trudijane

    THR I’m so overwhelmed HELP

    First, it has only been 7 days. All I can say (although others in this group are far more knowledgable, it that you will get to the other side at your own pace. Don’t compare yourself to any other who said it was breeze. I remember people saying that - and it wasn’t a breeze for me either...
  8. Trudijane

    THR question about having surgery post hip replacement

    Hi, You question reminded me of so many of the posts that I have written to this group! My surgery was over a year ago, but every once in awhile, a jolt or the way I'm sitting, or something else, will lead to sensations in my hip area (or back area) sometimes I can't tell - that scare me - I...
  9. Trudijane

    THR Lisa’s LTHR June 24,2020

    Hi Lisa, I’ll leave the advice to the many people who have helped me over the past year plus. I remember I felt just as you did when I discovered this group. I wish I had discovered it before my surgery, but it was 2 months after my operation that I had, and they have helped me enormously...
  10. Trudijane

    THR 9 months post-hip recovery!!!

    Thank you for answering. I think it is getting better - and I think you're right. The stress i felt at the time before sitting was not a good overall thing for my hip and/or body. I just get nervous when my new hip acts up a year + after the fact! I notice that some people have problems...
  11. Trudijane

    THR 9 months post-hip recovery!!!

    Hello everyone, I hope everyone is doing well as expected! Last time I was here, I had quite a jolt as a result of the ladder I was on, sliding on the tree and onto the ground. Well...that problem has gone away! Now, I'm concerned about another hip issue; I feel silly writing about every...
  12. Trudijane

    THR THR June 23rd

    Hello! Every once in a while I see a post that I'm impelled to comment on. Although I had my hip replaced in April 2019, I can still remember the first several weeks of recovery! It was a roller coast of ups & downs. And, like you, I compared myself to others who told me it was going to be a...
  13. Trudijane

    THR 9 months post-hip recovery!!!

    Thank you guys for responding! And yes, it's amazing how protective we are about our artificial hips, even after a year. You become aware that it's not YOUR hip but another hip that someone has put in your body - and it definitely felt the jolt. I stood there for a moment afraid to move...
  14. Trudijane

    THR 9 months post-hip recovery!!!

    Hello everyone: I hope y'all are doing well during this crazy time. I've been reading, mostly, and not posting very often because my hip has been doing well (at least until today). I did write to my health provider since I missed my yearly check-up due to the pandemic. Anyway, I was out in my...
  15. Trudijane

    THR 9 months post-hip recovery!!!

    Hi Layla, I really wasn't sure myself how SF was doing as compared to other places; and so far we have managed to keep the numbers down - but SF is a very small City, really. But, we must be doing something right. The rate of new coronavirus cases has slowed somewhat this week in San Francisco...
Back
Top Bottom