Guest viewing is limited

THR 9 months post-hip recovery!!!

But sitting tensed and focused for that long obviously aggravated that hip. Some of the discomfort could also be lower back.

I agree, stress and tension are so hard on our bodies, especially on the surgically repaired parts.

Hopefully you can rest, relax and ice over the weekend. :ice:
 
Thank you for answering. I think it is getting better - and I think you're right. The stress i felt at the time before sitting was not a good overall thing for my hip and/or body. I just get nervous when my new hip acts up a year + after the fact!

I notice that some people have problems years after? Is that true?
Thank you....
 
Hi Trudijane,
Good to hear you’re feeling better. Try not to worry about something going wrong with your hip. Joint replacement surgery is one of the most prevalent surgeries performed worldwide. The outcomes of these surgeries have become excellent based on a number of techniques changing over the years. The implants are durable and long lasting, with longevity much greater than before offering an increase in the likelihood you’ll never have to experience this procedure again.

My surgeons PA once reminded me that our prosthetic will never match our natural hip, but it is pretty darned close. Living without the pain and regaining lost mobility and flexibility is worth the little worries we have when we feel something unusual in our op leg Most always it passes with a little rest, icing and OTC pain relievers if needed. I’ll bet in a couple days you’ll feel good as new.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend!
@Trudijane
 

Staff online

  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Roy Gardiner
    Staff member since February, 23, 2013
Back
Top Bottom