Recent content by Travlingirl04

  1. Travlingirl04

    TKR Hiking Grand Canyon on my new knee

    Hi Devver, You're headed the right direction now with a new knee and a goal to hike again. I am so excited to have been able to finally complete this goal. I feel like I can do anything that I want to now ( that's not high impact of course :-). I think the trick is to keep focused, let your...
  2. Travlingirl04

    TKR Hiking Grand Canyon on my new knee

    Hi Maggie, I still have a tight and sometimes uncomfortable IT band. I have been working with a top notch Personal trainer once a week and that has certainly helped, but it's not there yet. I had a pretty bad Valgus deformity ( knock knees). My surgeon said she had to do a lot of work on them...
  3. Travlingirl04

    TKR 10k hopeful - May 31, 2015.

    I had a few back slides along the way, disappointing to me, but my PT always reminded me that "the road to recovery is NOT a straight line". That advice always helped get me through and moving forward again. Even if you are not ready for the 10K this summer, keep focused. I had hiking Grand...
  4. Travlingirl04

    TKR Hiking Grand Canyon on my new knee

    Whoo Hooo....I made it!!!!! It was truly better than anything I could of imagined, both in completing this goal on my new knee and the phenomenal and indescribable beauty that we experienced in the Grand Canyon. The knee worked perfectly through 3 days, 10 miles of down hill and 10 back up...
  5. Travlingirl04

    TKR Hiking Grand Canyon on my new knee

    Thank you all for the good wishes they got me through my surgery and recovery and I know it will help now. I'll be sure to post photos early next week when we are back.
  6. Travlingirl04

    TKR Hiking Grand Canyon on my new knee

    This weekend it will be 20 months since my RTKR. While it's been a long haul with some IT band problems that still haven't cleared up, but my long range goal has always been to be able to hike to the bottom of Grand Canyon. In fact, the day before my surgery we went up to Grand Canyon ( about...
  7. Travlingirl04

    TKR I can’t believe I’m still dealing with this darn Knee^

    hi Mary, I agree with the others on the meds. I travel quite a bit for work and still take along a botle of Tramadol in case I over do things, though thankfully I rarely feel like I need it anymore. I also have the extended release arthritis strength Tylenol, but also don't use that much any...
  8. Travlingirl04

    TKR I can’t believe I’m still dealing with this darn Knee^

    Whine and Cheetos...an excellent pairing:heehee:. Just sayin....you might want to make some calls and find a different PT....you do have a choice and it can make a HUGE difference. Ok...enough preachin from me. I do wish you all the past in you recovery.
  9. Travlingirl04

    TKR I can’t believe I’m still dealing with this darn Knee^

    Oh I did have the many regrets a few times along the way...but the truth is the pain was pretty darn bad before, getting worse every day, and definitely interfering with my life. You will get past that. I believe you can make the half marathon....my goal is to hike Grand Canyon late this...
  10. Travlingirl04

    PKR Mai5ie is finally on the other side!!!!

    I'm 10 months out and last weekend I rode my motorcycle for the first time since early last summer ....Vroom Vroom...Anything is possible. It was absolutely awesome!
  11. Travlingirl04

    TKR I can’t believe I’m still dealing with this darn Knee^

    Hi Mary, I'm currently 10 months into my recovery and It has certainly been a much longer process than I ever imagined. However, I have and am definitely making progress. I had an absolutely awesome PT whose philosophy was that PT should be uncomfortable, but not painful and she continually...
  12. Travlingirl04

    TKR Am I on the right track?

    Hi KP....I had my TKR just a few days before you last summer. It certainly has been a very long haul! My knee is also still pretty stiff much of the time. I've been working with a personal trainer since January and mostly I think that has been good. But I over did it and inflamed my IT band...
  13. Travlingirl04

    TKR Let the recovery begin!!!

    I'm at 8 months now and still having pain in my new knee. It's mostly on the outside of the knee and worst in the middle of the night. I can't remember the last time I slept through the night. I work out regularly in the gym with a trainer recommended by my PT, and also am in the pool 2x per...
  14. Travlingirl04

    Bilateral TKR I did it!

    Hi Jesse, I just had my 8 month anniversary this past week. I completed my therapy at the end of December, where we had started doing some gentle squats and lunges. At the end of January I started working out with a personal trainer once a week ( except when I'm traveling). She is having me do...
  15. Travlingirl04

    TKR Lovetoread's Recovery Thread---She is home already!

    You may need to change your title to "lovestowalk":). Way to go....I'm thrilled to hear that you are doing so well! Just noticed it's been seven months today since my surgery and I too am doing well. I can walk a couple of miles now also, but still feel it at night afterwards. However, I'm...
Back
Top Bottom