TKR 10k hopeful - May 31, 2015.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My goodness - that's quite the robotic device!! Have you gotten it yet? I have never seen such a thing, will be watching to see how it goes.
 
To Praise, my PT will push me, but not until the very end after I have stretched it to the limit and give my permission to go for it. She knows when/how I holler that it is enough. I am all about daily improvement. However, I don't have her most of the time, even though she is the one in charge. I have another guy, who is more gentle, and although he will push with my consent, he will also massage it, and knows when to back off for a day. No "scolding" from him. Don't let your PT treat you like a child. It's your knee, your recovery, and your sleepless nights, if she pushes too much. Prayer heals.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I had a few back slides along the way, disappointing to me, but my PT always reminded me that "the road to recovery is NOT a straight line". That advice always helped get me through and moving forward again. Even if you are not ready for the 10K this summer, keep focused. I had hiking Grand Canyon (23 miles in 3 days) as my 1 year goal. I just did it this past weekend, coming out of the canyon on my 20 month anniversary. I did go to Europe at 11 weeks for work and in hindsight that was clearly too soon for me. Good luck...you're doing the right things and will get there!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom