Bilateral TKR I did it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Jesse nice to see you back again.

My personal, unqualified take on this is that there's a zillion exercises one can do that don't stress the knees, why not do those?

Having said that, I play table tennis which means lots of sharp turns.

Do as I say, not as I do :)
 
How nice that you're able to even *consider* lunges--but I'd avoid them like the plague.
 
Glad to see you are doing great. Lunges like those done with fencing would just make me cringe. Take it easy of yourself. There is plenty of things you can do.
 
Hi Jesse, I just had my 8 month anniversary this past week. I completed my therapy at the end of December, where we had started doing some gentle squats and lunges. At the end of January I started working out with a personal trainer once a week ( except when I'm traveling). She is having me do some lunges, but again they are still quite slow and gentle while I also work on balance. We've done a lot of work on strengthening the IT bands on the side which are still quite tight after they extra work done to correct my knock knees. The trainer was recommended by my PT, is highly skilled and spent a full two hours on the evaluation before we started training. I don't need motivation, but where she has really helped me to learn to do things correctly so that what I do is effective. I also have a swim program I do 2x per week, designed by my PT, though I have since added to it. I'm still having pain in the knee, especially at night. But over all I can see that I am making progress. Good luck on beginning your exercise program, just remember to take it slow and easy as you work into it. And my personal mantra since my surgery, from my PT, "The road to recovery is not a straight line" :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom