Guest viewing is limited

PKR Mai5ie is finally on the other side!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
For a long time before my surgery, I was walking with my right knee slightly bent, to stop it locking or giving way. I have no knee pain at all now, but after I've been walking, I'm very sore behind my knee and a little way up the back of my thigh. Do you think that this pain could be muscular, because I'm now using muscles that haven't been used for years? My ROM is good, but my extension isn't as good as my unoperated leg. My physio has given me specific exercises to stretch these muscles, but the pain after walking is a new thing. Could this be because I'm now walking longer distances?
 
Spoke to my physio today and she confirmed that my pain is muscular. She said to keep working on the stretching exercises and it would lessen in time. Once my course of physio is completed at the hospital, I'm being referred to my local leisure centre for a 16 week course of exercise targeting all the muscles in my lower body. At £2 a session with an exercise professional, it sounds like a brilliant idea to me!
 
Can you get massages and whirlpool baths there? :)

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
I joined the fitness club at the PT unit that I just "graduated" from. With most people there our age, the atmosphere is pleasant, without the overbearing smell of testosterone wafting from the free weight area. :)

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
@JustJeff The hospital based physio that I'm doing at present is gym based, with other knee replacement patients, so we're all in the same boat so to speak and everyone is very supportive and encouraging. As I'm being referred on by the hospital, I'm hoping that the leisure centre exercise will be similar and not too intimidating. The last thing I want is to be surrounded with fitness freaks and body builders!
 
It sounds like a good fit! (No pun intended, except perhaps post haste)

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
Had my appointment with my surgeon today. He's pleased with progress so far, I have to go back again in 3 or 4 months. It was weird seeing my xray on screen showing my prosthesis! Made everything seem more real somehow. I'm driving again now...good to know I haven't forgotten what to do!
 
Wait until you try to ride a bike again. It's not as easy as riding a bike. I've been a little unsteady in riding stock straight as my brain seems to remember!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
@JustJeff Ha, me riding a bike? That'll be the day. I've never owned a bike in my life, so I doubt I'd be able to ride one, unless it's the stationary sort in the gym of course.
 
Really? You're the second person in the span of the same amount of days who said that. I wonder what circumstances would result in a kid never riding a bicycle?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
Just the way it was. I never had a bike as a child and once I was old enough, I went straight for the car!
 
I guess a motorcycle is out of the question? ;)

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
Oooh, I'm too much of a scaredy cat for a motorcycle! Feel safer on 4 wheels.
 
I'm 10 months out and last weekend I rode my motorcycle for the first time since early last summer ....Vroom Vroom...Anything is possible. It was absolutely awesome!
 
It's encouraging to see veterans excelling in their activities further on in their recovery.
Thanks, @Travlingirl04 !

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
I've suddenly developed pain at the top of my kneecap, on the medial side. I can't think of anything I've done to cause it... any ideas anyone? It only hurts when I'm weight bearing.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom