Recent content by topgun

  1. topgun

    Bilateral THR Topgun's Recovery Thread

    Thank u guys!!!!! Appreciate the advice..... Hope y'all are doing well, too!
  2. topgun

    Bilateral THR Topgun's Recovery Thread

    Great question. I haven't iced since 3 months or less. I am afraid with flooding down here in Baton Rouge..... I slipped into bad eating habits, no health club, no stretching. Today i threw baseball with my son..... I'm sore on one of my replaced hips..... Even though i'm 11 mos. post op...
  3. topgun

    Bilateral THR Topgun's Recovery Thread

    Ok.... One year anniversary this month! All in all things are good. I do get tightness at implant sight and some soreness. Have slacked off stretching the last 5-6 weeks...... Any advice from veterans???
  4. topgun

    Bilateral THR Topgun's Recovery Thread

    4 months! Walking goid..... Unfortunately, feel tightness in hips at time! Could be cold weather! Stretching.... need to do more stretching!!!
  5. topgun

    Bilateral THR Doing the double!

    Hi Andy, Congrats on 6 months! I haven't been on forum for 4 wks. due to a new job.... Yeah, cold aches in my hips 4 months post op! Hang in there! Hope u r doing well today
  6. topgun

    Bilateral THR Topgun's Recovery Thread

    65 days.......Ho, Ho, Heaux September hipsters. We are not rocking around the Christmas tree, but feeling better. Thanks everyone on scar advice.......Vit.E oil and aloe vera.......going to pick some up......Does anyone have a good PT workout for recovery they would like to post? Or stretching...
  7. topgun

    Bilateral THR Topgun's Recovery Thread

    8weeks!:):) Things are going well. Had great Thanksgiving and looking towards Christmas. Low key exercise. ......need to start stretching. Have really only walked at my job.....biked last weekend....... How are the September hippies doing? Hope and pray a very merry and blessed holiday season.
  8. topgun

    Bilateral THR Topgun's Recovery Thread

    Day35 Ok. Hips rested over wkend.I did COWBOY UP and rake leaves.....lit.chimanea......had coffee ok......haven't stretched in 5 days.....gotta get going! At this juncture walking at work is my rehab.......going to stretch 3 times a week.......scar rubs:). Icing in evening......time for warm...
  9. topgun

    Bilateral THR Topgun's Recovery Thread

    Thank you. Iced a good bit and did not go to health club. I did rake leaves and build a cozy chimanea fire.......rested a little! Hope everyone is doing well.
  10. topgun

    Bilateral Hip Replacement - 30's

    Hi.... Welcome to BS family. You have great questions and serious answers are coming to ya from this amazing blog family. U R going to get great care, great surgeon, great implants, and have quite a story for grand kids one day! Take a sheet of paper and list 7-10 wounded warriors, policeman...
  11. topgun

    THR My Big THR Recovery-Crickethip

    @CricketHip Glad u r not mopey:) Enjoy time with family. U R doing great. Continued good PT and rest. Thank u for all sage advice. Shouting out chocolate thoughts and wonder years moments! LOL. God bless to your family, too.:type: Seems like yesterday we were on the other other side. Stay...
  12. topgun

    Bilateral THR Topgun's Recovery Thread

    Ok. Should I use icy hot.....mineral ice over scar area......I know of a wonderful healing oil at health food store called 7 healing oils!!!! :bath::good-bad::ice:
  13. topgun

    Bilateral THR Topgun's Recovery Thread

    Day 32 Hello friends and BSers!:) Missed y'all. So thankful for my Depuy ceramic ball hips........Finally, able to secure make and model from medical records. Ok. Doing home PT on my on these days......stretching and mainly calf raises.....I must admit I do walk more than i realized as a...
  14. topgun

    Bilateral THR Topgun's Recovery Thread

    @CricketHip I have not yet ...really had time to go to my gym.......right now....gonna continue to stretch....and swim on wkends....i have some calf raising exercises...... Day 29.....work went ok......pushed it......i admitt...my rt leg was in pain by 1:30 pm.....not sure??? It it a stinging...
  15. topgun

    Bilateral THR Topgun's Recovery Thread

    DAY22 OS.....basically cleared me to go back to work..... Told my home health PT...he sd. wait.....a couple days....... Day 28....Today......went bk. Per my boss to 2/3 day.....Ican't explain how fuzzy i wuzz today.......Is it jetlag??? Folks were thrilled to see me but overwhelmed i was back...
Back
Top Bottom