Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral THR Topgun's Recovery Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations on your anniversary, @topgun. Sometimes I get a little tightness if I've changed my activity. I usually back off and rest if that happens, and it goes away. I do yoga several nights a week, and I think that does help. Do you ice when you're sore?
 
Great question. I haven't iced since 3 months or less. I am afraid with flooding down here in Baton Rouge..... I slipped into bad eating habits, no health club, no stretching. Today i threw baseball with my son..... I'm sore on one of my replaced hips..... Even though i'm 11 mos. post op... bi-lateral.... icing???
Anyone advise 9 mos -1yr post op????
 
@topgun Hey, Bilateral Jim here! I am 26 months today and i have moments where i have to get back to the basics. Ice, The cheapest and easiest form of pain relief. Anti-inflammatory foods, stretching, and getting back doing some sort of exercising. Sounds like a simple fix, my man!
 
Welcome back @topgun ! I think every hippie has stiff/sore days. Changes in activity levels effect us all. Nothing wrong with icing no matter how far along in your recovery. Ease into activities and gentle stretches to keep those muscles toned. I am coming up on my 2 year anniversary on my right hip and still have those "stiff" days at times.
 
@topgun - Welcome back here on bonesmart. I'm pleased to read an update by you. I agree with Jaycey: Everybody has days of stiffness/muscle soreness. In fact, it's normal for those who haven't had hip replacement. But because we have had hip replacement we are probably more aware. We have been taught to listen to our bodies. My answer to muscle soreness after exercise is rest. And when the muscle soreness has subsided you can try and do more exercise again. It's a good recommendation that even athletes get on marathon websites. Of course icing is always a good method - I'm just too lazy to make myself some ice at the moment - I just rest after a major physical effort. Good health to you and best wishes from Constanze
 
Thank u guys!!!!! Appreciate the advice..... Hope y'all are doing well, too!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom