Recent content by TheHistorian

  1. TheHistorian

    Bilateral TKR JustJeff 4/9/14

    Same here. You wouldn't believe some of the stuff people felt free to say to me when I was knock-kneed.
  2. TheHistorian

    Bilateral TKR The Historian - recovery diary

    Reading about the late James Garner, I came across another reason I will never be thought of as a tough guy. In 2000 the actor had bilateral knee replacement and was back at work little more than a month later. It took me 12 weeks. From the Los Angeles Times: "Just prior to starting "Chicago...
  3. TheHistorian

    Bilateral TKR The Historian - recovery diary

    Yesterday I had a great walk with @JustJeff on a Lehigh area rail trail. I'm amazed at how well he's doing for so soon after surgery. Go read his thread!
  4. TheHistorian

    Bilateral TKR JustJeff 4/9/14

    And what a fall it was. Spectacular! I had a great time with Jeff and his wife, although I regret that I was a half hour late. For our next hike or bike ride, I'll be on time.
  5. TheHistorian

    Bilateral TKR JustJeff 4/9/14

    Which one of us has the nice legs?
  6. TheHistorian

    Bilateral TKR The Historian - recovery diary

    Thank you! Among those audience members was a producer from Today, there to meet with the man who introduced me. Justin Willoughby lost 550 pounds, and was on Today two days later. The two of us hit it off well. The audience was small - Wednesday nights in Bradford must be a busy time...
  7. TheHistorian

    Bilateral TKR The Historian - recovery diary

    My first backpacking trip, first of three posts on it..... broken link removed: https://atasteforthewoods.com/?p=1289
  8. TheHistorian

    Bilateral TKR JustJeff 4/9/14

    I guess you don't want to hike with me at Bake Oven Knob?
  9. TheHistorian

    Bilateral TKR The Historian - recovery diary

    Warning - lots of whining early on. But two years out I can say that aside from losing 160 pounds having bilateral knee replacement is the best thing I've ever done.
  10. TheHistorian

    Bilateral TKR JustJeff 4/9/14

    OK, we can make this happen. Walk/hike, lunch, compare scars.....
  11. TheHistorian

    TKR Ironman makes it to other side

    "I sometimes forget that I had my knee done & don't think about what I am doing. " Now that is success. I'm bumping it because I want every new person posting here to read this. All you people in the early stages of recovery, this will be you sooner or later.
  12. TheHistorian

    Bilateral TKR The Historian - recovery diary

    My second backpacking trip, on the Appalachian Trail in PA. My tent is on the left. Yes, MY tent. I can get up off the ground on my own! My pack and poles are in the middle of the photo. Oh, and because I spent a night on the AT, I now have a trail name - DancesWithBears!
  13. TheHistorian

    Bilateral TKR The Historian - recovery diary

    Just outside Bradford, PA. I never though I'd be able to walk normally. I am so blessed.
  14. TheHistorian

    Bilateral TKR The Historian - recovery diary

    After a hike in Bradford, PA. Great scar photo.
  15. TheHistorian

    Bilateral TKR The Historian - recovery diary

    BTW, two years into my recovery, I am still changing. My weight is 305-ish, and now I've developed plantar problems and have to use an orthotic. But aside from that my feet are now back up to a size 13. From left to right, my old size 12 hiking boots, my new size 13.5 boots, and my troublesome...
Back
Top Bottom