Recent content by ThatOneGirl

  1. ThatOneGirl

    Bilateral TKR Made it to the other side

    Some people just don't understand. I had someone say to me that since I'm young, my TKR must have been elective.
  2. ThatOneGirl

    TKR Patella tendon rupture

    I had a severed patella tendon, fractured tibia plateau, and fractured the patella bone all in my right knee in an accident. I was in an immobilizer brace and non weight bearing for 3 months and I eventually gained most of my ROM back. It took a while but I got there. While my right knee didn't...
  3. ThatOneGirl

    Bilateral TKR Nensi_New_Nees

    Next April, Tour of Flanders bicycle race! :biking:
  4. ThatOneGirl

    TKR Thesoutherncook's Second Time Around!

    It sounds like you're doing well. I had outpatient TKR on June 27th and I had a nerve block too. I think mine wore off by the 3rd day. It kept me numb to my toes. Be sure to take your pain meds because that block is powerful and you don't want to be without them.
  5. ThatOneGirl

    TKR My Summer Vacation

    @nensi, yes I did understand that and totally agree! I feel very fortunate the my recovery is going well, but it's not without some pains and discomfort. My quadriceps muscles are beginning to cramp at night making me feel restless. Why do they have to act up at night? I want my sleep!
  6. ThatOneGirl

    TKR My Summer Vacation

    Oh, and the medical equipment rental company came today and picked up the CPM machine. I'm glad I'm done with that!
  7. ThatOneGirl

    Revision TKR Revision time...

    Good luck! I hope it goes well.
  8. ThatOneGirl

    TKR My Summer Vacation

    Today marks 3 weeks post-op. Something I've come to realize about recovery is that even though I knew what to expect, it didn't necessarily prepare me about how it was going to make me feel. In the early days, I couldn't stand the foggy headedness I had. That then turned into just feeling icky...
  9. ThatOneGirl

    TKR My Summer Vacation

    Not a whole lot besides just around the house. I've walked on my block maybe 5 houses down and back on 3 occasions. But today I feel a little stronger and I want to go to a near by park this evening. They have lots of benches so I can rest when I need to. Hopefully it won't rain.
  10. ThatOneGirl

    TKR My Summer Vacation

    Don't worry about me getting over confident. I may be doing well in terms of healing, but I don't have my energy back yet to do too much.
  11. ThatOneGirl

    Bilateral TKR Made it to the other side

    It sounds like you are doing well, especially for having a bilateral TKR! I'm just 2 days ahead of you with my RTKR. I couldn't stand to look at my incision with the staples so I kept them covered even though I didn't need to. I also didn't watch when the nurse took them out today. I hope your...
  12. ThatOneGirl

    TKR My Summer Vacation

    Today marks 15 days post-op. Yesterday was my last in home PT. I measured 103 flexion and 5 extension all on my own! My swelling has been minimal which is good since with prior surgeries, I had lots of swelling. I guess all the rest, ice, elevating paid off! I saw my OS today for my 2 week...
  13. ThatOneGirl

    TKR My Summer Vacation

    I was really pleased with my PT today. My strength and ROM is up and pain is down. I was able to get to 98° flexion and 5° extension on my own. That deserved a nap when I finished.
  14. ThatOneGirl

    Bilateral TKR Nensi_New_Nees

    Naps are the best part of recovery, right! Just knowing I can take a nap during the day helps me fall back asleep at night.
  15. ThatOneGirl

    TKR My Summer Vacation

    Today is 9 days post-op and I'm doing well. Yesterday, I tried to cut back on the Norco and that was a mistake. I tried to go 6 hours between doses instead of my usual 4. My pain in the evening was very uncomfortable and stuck around for almost an hour after finally taking a dose. Pain also woke...
Back
Top Bottom