Bilateral TKR Nensi_New_Nees

@Happydale, yes I do and SO grateful for that. They are all pretty much free to help in July but in August I will need to step up more. I have to say that I am a little concerned because it seems like it is coming so fast. I am not going to stress it!
 
Dang, girl! You even have pretty sheets!

Time both drags and flies during TKR recovery. It's a paradox. I can't believe how long it's been since my surgery... and yet my days are mostly kinda, well, sedate, and they unspool very slowly.
 
Haha, good description Susie, sedate.
Here's me being anything but!



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Those extensions on the pedals make it so much easier to do a rotation. It's good for loosening up the knees.
 
That is soooo awesome! Love the pedaling! Great way to keep those knees moving!!!! Your healing is amazing! My sleep was really weird a week or so ago, 5 hr or 6 hr nights and then it's I went into a sleep coma and slept 10 hours! Seems to have leveled out now. Love your pics and videos, everytime I go to put one up on my page, it tells me the pic is too large and I can't edit pics on this chromebook... at least I haven't figured out how to!
 
Nensi, I'd say you had a nap and a half! Love the videos! And your sheets, hahaha! BTW, I mentioned your special pedal extensions to PT today and I was right, they've never heard of such a thing. My guess is your friend would have a wide open market here if he'd like to expand his business! Perhaps you should rethink you career.:snork:
 
Wonder if they sell them in the NL?
If yes, I could ask my cousin to buy them for me.
Are they easy to put on regular bike pedals?
 
As long as making revolutions on the bike wasn't :yikes:, I'd say congratulations are in order.:cheers: Just don't go nuts, now. :bicycle2: :heehee:
 
Checking in late today, day 20, whacko-day so far! No nap yet, so I might get cranky in the middle of my post!
Great feedback on my special pedalarm (and the sheets). @VW54, check out the website, the inventor lives in Amsterdam, he might even ship to you directly! I had them mounted on my bike, easy to do with a thorough description. They are even adjustable so that as your bend improves you can match what you can manage.
Now that I am so tethered to inactivity I really have to get in touch with the guy and let him know about my promotional activiites - who knows, maybe he'll gift me with a bicycle .
@sooz58, Celle and Josephine told me about my pics, with the latest ones I have adjusted the pixels but still have to go back and resize the others - will do!

So, Day 20 has been a rollercoaster emotionally and a little bit physically. Had a great nights sleep, broken up by a thunderstorm at 2am (to let the kitty Suzy in) and at 5am for meds and kitty feed and then slept through to 9am! Unbelievable.
Got up to make my oatmeal and coffee and got an attack of the woozies, sit down, drink water, deep breaths. Not such a big deal, just threw me - haven't had those episodes since before my blood transfusion.
DH had a hissy fit about a new bandage on his thumb at the same moment as my daughter was unavailable in the shower. Dealt with the hissies through my dizziness.
Had home PT, laid back session and a heart to heart with the PT. told her I was worrying about my bend and that I didn't want to be pushed to pain but getting concerned about a MUA in my future - she put my fears to rest, saying that it is rarely done here in Belgium. Apparently, my son had the same info from our regular PT, that only really extreme cases - little or no bend - went to MUA. Whew. Big time, whew..
Friend visited for a long visit, not tiring (yet). Walked a FULL block, no dizziness, everything good.
Now icing and elevating !
So so far a strange and wonderful day....

I left the best to last.....I got new sheets and a new duvet cover today...pictures later !
 
Ah Nensi, a little "Yin and a little Yang," to keep your day interesting! Can't wait to see your new sheets and duvet, lol.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Nensi_New_Nees Two in one - sleepy Suzy on my freshly laundered duvet, the fairy flower princesses, surprised the fabric still holds together, one of the all time IKEA favorite of both my daughters.
 
Awww, what a great duvet cover and a beautiful, sleepy Princess, lol! Thanks Nensi!
 
It's so good that you don't have to worry about a MUA. That takes the pressure off. I wish the state OSs were so reasonable!
 
@nensi You're a rockstar! What a great recovery you're having! It is definitely a test of patience and perseverance. And you seem to be handling both well! Congratulations!
First time I made a rotation ( by accident) on the bike at PT, something popped very loudly in my knee and I let out a very loud and unladylike word of exclamation! :heehee: But, all was well.
 
Back
Top Bottom