Recent content by Tamsmom

  1. Tamsmom

    Swelling? Can't figure out why....

    I know I have a thread somewhere but I can't find it! Anyway, my leg is starting to swell more all the time! Do I need to see doctor? 4/1/2014 TKR
  2. Tamsmom

    Swelling? Can't figure out why....

    Thanks jamie, I didn't know for sure about making a new post or merge, I wanted people to notice a new topic! I do not remember anything that might have triggered this swelling. I did fly to Vegas and was on my feet a lot but I had flown a few other times before this and didn't have any...
  3. Tamsmom

    Swelling? Can't figure out why....

    Hey everyone! Life has been busy and the new left knee has been doing pretty good but a few weeks ago my knee and ankle swelled up and it won't go down! I thought it had to do with traveling but that was two weeks ago and it is still swelled up. No pain just stiff, my pants are fitting snug...
  4. Tamsmom

    Swelling? Can't figure out why....

    Hey @71Beetle! Gosh this is a quick moving site when you aren't around much! Life has been busy and tough, my father in law died at the end of July, he was 90 but sharp as a tack until his passing, my husband really misses him and he get to deal with the estate and it sucks! My brother in law...
  5. Tamsmom

    TKR Canadian Girl's Journey

    Jeff, can I give your number to my husband, I have been begging him to do a sleep study for a long tome! Heck he needs to do it now since we are at 100% on our health insurance 4/1/2014 TKR
  6. Tamsmom

    TKR Canadian Girl's Journey

    Hey Lisa, sorry to hear the pain isn't playing nice. How about adding Tylenol? Had a big scare yesterday. My husband got his foot stuck between our host trailer and suburban, he couldn't get free, I had to jump in across the passenger seat and start the truck and drive forward to get him...
  7. Tamsmom

    TKR Canadian Girl's Journey

    Good night.m my hubby has had a tens unit for ever...he goes in spurts some times he uses it for a week or so and then it sits 4/1/2014 TKR
  8. Tamsmom

    Swelling? Can't figure out why....

    @Spider, thanks for posting....it is good to see how others farther down the road cooed with the stage you are finding yourself at! This surgery and recovery are hard! Very hard and I didn't have any complications or extenuating circumstances... I would say it was early to mid June before I...
  9. Tamsmom

    TKR Midwest Girl's New Knee Journey - A Year Later.

    Yep, take that Tylenol and maybe a little walk around the area while you are lunching. I hope you enjoy the pampering! 4/1/2014 TKR
  10. Tamsmom

    TKR Midwest Girl's New Knee Journey - A Year Later.

    Dd you come to my neck of the woods? It will happen, 2 forward, 1 back means you are still making progress! 4/1/2014 TKR
  11. Tamsmom

    TKR Post-Op Struggles

    I did for most of my PT Still do a independent program twice a week! Love it! 4/1/2014 TKR
  12. Tamsmom

    Bilateral TKR Concerned Wife

    I will have disagree with the previous post that said to stop taking painkillers prior to therapy. At less than four weeks out your husband should still on pain meds around the clock. I do agree therapy shouldn't hurt but a little discomfort is to expected at times. 4/1/2014 TKR
  13. Tamsmom

    TKR Hopefaith's Ups and Downs of Recovery

    I get the whole KNEE look, I wore cropped pants to the wedding I just went to but of course I was not the mother of the groom....guess our sexy knee days are over! 4/1/2014 TKR
  14. Tamsmom

    TKR Hopefaith's Ups and Downs of Recovery

    @hopefaith! You need a PT that listens for sure. Did you like the tape? I am heading our your way the first weekend in August! 4/1/2014 TKR
  15. Tamsmom

    TKR Canadian Girl's Journey

    @71Beetle! It looks like you are keeping this board laughing! I just skimmed so forgive me if I missed something, but it looks like your second recovery is going well. No reason to start worrying about being without the pain meds anytime soon. How is the older, new knee holding up having to...
Back
Top Bottom