Recent content by tamra

  1. tamra

    THR Other side for Tamra!'

    Hope all my hippie friends are doing well! Last week my appt with my OS went well. Discussed the right quad not working (at the knee end) with him and he did a lot of poking, prodding and hammering and thinks everything is well connected (thank goodness) and that where the nerves branch out...
  2. tamra

    THR Postalgal's left hip recovery

    I am driving too. Apparently, my OS says if I think I can do it to do it. He doesn't have a lot of rules. Just don't cross my legs and watch the 90 degree thing. I drove a stick shift for eight years and just sold it last spring so used to using my left foot on the brake which is what I do since...
  3. tamra

    THR Life in the fast (swim) lane

    @SwimGirl Ouch .. sorry to hear about the split stitches but other than that it sounds like you are doing good. Glad for that! Going back to work 4 hrs a day is actually taking up more like six hours by the time I am ready, getting out to the truck and going to work. Thank goodness only got a...
  4. tamra

    THR Postalgal's left hip recovery

    @Postalgal I don't mind at all! Between working 4 hours a day and then trying to rest up from it haven't really had time or energy to get on here. I work a desk job and really have no problem sitting if I get up and move a little every hour. Getting caught up at work and they are glad I am...
  5. tamra

    THR Postalgal's left hip recovery

    Only two weeks out. My right quad still isn't working so no get up an go for me :-( . Hope he releases you for some stuff though. My OS is going to be explaining to me why i am broken tomorrow!
  6. tamra

    THR Miss Muffet proudly presents - her new hips

    Happy for you! And snow too! Be careful when they let u out!
  7. tamra

    THR And so, I Begin Again

    Best wishes that it goes well!
  8. tamra

    THR Sudden pain in hip 26 months later - exercise?>

    Did you let your OS office know about the possible infection issue? Josephine will get you sorted out soon but i would definitely call my OS and tell them that last bit about infection possibility. Hope you feel better!
  9. tamra

    THR Miss Muffet proudly presents - her new hips

    Wishing you the very best outcome today! May your OS be the best!
  10. tamra

    THR Other side for Tamra!'

    What amazing weather in northern Indiana to recover by. 2 weeks post op. Enjoying my deck.
  11. tamra

    THR Ouch's Odyssey the Other Side

    Oh sounds like fun! Maybe a walking aid day?
  12. tamra

    THR Postalgal's left hip recovery

    Awesome that you are feeling so well! Keep it up but try not to overdo! Your body will let you know :-) .
  13. tamra

    THR Take a deep breath! Jump in!

    So agree with this. I really think the right quad issue i have stems from this exact thing. My OS actually put me back together in a way that will eventually make me right. I hope lol. Sleep whenever you can. Not like we got much else to do. ALL sleep, even short naps, is restorative. I am...
  14. tamra

    THR Other side for Tamra!'

    So .. really first extended visit with anyone yesterday. My sister and her grand-daughter (eight years old and hyper lol) came early afternoon and stayed quite a while. Sis and I talked while my great-niece tormented my son (she has always called him her 'toy' lol) for a while. Then I got up and...
  15. tamra

    THR Other side for Tamra!'

    . So sorry so many of you found the same thing happening. I think it is harder for those of us that actually go out of our way to visit/help others who end up in the same situation. The only one that really surprised me though was the so-called best friend. I suppose it shouldn't have since I...
Back
Top Bottom