Recent content by sweet alice

  1. S

    THR Sweet Alice on the move

    Set for my 6 week check up next week. A little worried that the OS will move that hip every which way after I have protected it so well the last month and half.
  2. S

    THR Sweet Alice on the move

    Another milestone. Managed to tie my shoe today. Woo hoo!! Took me forever as I move so slowly anticipating a pain that never comes.
  3. S

    THR Shiney Happy Hip

    I still have to afternoon naps. Sleep like a log.
  4. S

    Incautious optimism

    Best wishes for tomorrow. All will go smoothly. Remember that beginning tomorrow your new best friend is the ice pack. I used it as much as possible. And confidence in your self. You got this and will be moving along smoothly in no time at all.
  5. S

    THR Sweet Alice on the move

    Little warm here lately. And yes, I am a little freak of nature when healing from major surgery. Stay strong and go at your pace.
  6. S

    THR Sweet Alice on the move

    Doing well. Today’s walk, one mile, was good. Very slow, but felt good. Incision is healing nicely but still have the skin reaction to the adhesive of the bandage. That is healing very slowly. Lesson learned, absolutely no bandaids ever.
  7. S

    THR Sweet Alice on the move

    OS called back. Ok to remove bandage and leave area open. Need to figure a way to keep site dry when showering for another week. Hoping fresh air helps calm the skin some.
  8. S

    THR Sweet Alice on the move

    No staple I was glued shut. I had to take the outer bandages off. Couldn’t stand it
  9. S

    THR Sweet Alice on the move

    New issue- I seem to be having an allergic reaction to the giant bandaid covering my incision. I have had reactions to regular band-aids but this is getting a little bad. The rash is showing at the sides of the adhesive and the itching is bad. I have one covering left so going to shower and see...
  10. S

    THR Sweet Alice on the move

    Slow and easy. Been walking a little farther each day that I felt good. Today was a good day. In a chair with ice now. I am trying to be good and not do more than my body tells me. It takes me quite a while to make that walk as I am very slow.
  11. S

    THR Sweet Alice on the move

    On today’s walk I made it a half mile! Woo hoo!
  12. S

    THR Sweet Alice on the move

    Red letter day! Managed to shave my legs. It is the little things that help move the healing along.
  13. S

    THR Sweet Alice on the move

    Well decided to ditch the walker. Been using the cane today and doing wonderfully I might add. Doing a little more around the house with major rests in between. Feeling like big progress. When the doctor sends you home 26 hours after your surgery with instruction of “ you can basically do what...
  14. S

    THR Shiney Happy Hip

    No crutches ?! Excellent. I am just not brave enough yet to try
  15. S

    THR Sweet Alice on the move

    Day 8. Feeling great. Minimal swelling. Muscles in leg seem to be working although groin muscle is tender and well as rear. No pain meds for 5 days. Been walking the drive way twice daily and adding a little distance each day if the day before didn’t cause any aches. Still on walker as 1- don’t...
Back
Top Bottom