Recent content by Suzola

  1. S

    TKR I’m needing encouragement. Sure glad I found this place.

    @glidefloss I read your comments about exercise in the other thread. I just started doing squats. Maybe I should try more. And I’ll ask my husband to go on a walk with me later. My leg feels great as far as function. I was starting to not use my walker around the house which meant I was limping...
  2. S

    TKR GlideFloss TKR Report - from Dec 06 '21 on

    Hi @glidefloss just wanted to check in and see how you are doing. Sounds like things are going well. I’m doing well enough. It will be a while before I make it to the gym tho. My exercises at home are enough. I am noticing I’m having a little hip pain. Maybe a little more exercise could help me...
  3. S

    TKR BrokenAgain Outpatient Total Knee Replacement

    @BrokenAgain Im so sorry to hear about everything you have been going thru. We are trying so hard to get better. To get past all this. It is a difficult experience even without complications. I’m sending a huge boatload of hugs. And when you fall asleep tonight pretend I’m there giving you a...
  4. S

    TKR I’m needing encouragement. Sure glad I found this place.

    So I'm on day 20. Every day seems like the day before. I would like more progress. It will come I guess. I’m using the colpac during the day and the polar cube at night. I’m walking a lot without my walker at home. Can I take a survey? When did you stop taking opiates for pain? I’m down to...
  5. S

    TKR I’m needing encouragement. Sure glad I found this place.

    Thanks everyone. This anxiety is something I deal with a lot. I don’t usually write it down. Things always look better in the morning as they do again today. Thanks for the information about your schedule @kiwicurls and how to schedule Tylenol @Jockette.
  6. S

    TKR I’m needing encouragement. Sure glad I found this place.

    Hi everyone I've had a busy week with Dr. appts and PT appts. I am at 17 days. I'm doing ok I guess. Still more pain than I want. I was doing pretty good today until I did my exercises. I can walk around the house some without my walker. I'm spending more time out of bed and using colpac ( ice...
  7. S

    TKR I’m needing encouragement. Sure glad I found this place.

    My Dr appt today went well. He was pleased with my progress. I got my staples out. We talked about meds and I’m gonna stay on Percocet 1 per 4 or 5 hours and then next week try hydrocodone. As far as fashion choices the polar cube has been causing me problems at night. I bought some baggy...
  8. S

    TKR April 2022 TKR right knee

    @JojoFitness Hi I’m at 14 days. I’m taking Percocet 1 every 4 hours. I tried 1every 5 hours but the pain kept me on edge. I hope to start on hydrocodone next week. I can’t take nsaids. I don’t like the way the drugs make me feel but I’ll be ok for a while longer.
  9. S

    TKR 9 and 4 Months post-op

    Well it doesn’t sound like the Dr is concerned. I put myself on a schedule at first and set alarms and such. I’m keeping a journal. Hope the nausea is better.
  10. S

    TKR My Journey

    @FourCats sorry I missed your kneeversary for knee #1. And already doing yard work with #2. That great. Super!!!I had to laugh about needing help to get up. I remember the first few times I need help when I was first feeling my age. I just knew I had to somehow get my butt up there long enough...
  11. S

    TKR GlideFloss TKR Report - from Dec 06 '21 on

    @glidefloss just checking in. How are you doing?
  12. S

    TKR Marie’s LTKR thread!

    @InkedMarie wow fabulous results. Great ROM. I’ve had to take narcotics several times in my life and I’m lucky. When I don’t need them anymore I just stop taking them. There’s no issue. I basically just forget to take. It’s different with the Dr pressuring me to take less. I NEED them and I’m...
  13. S

    TKR My TKR Was Worth It!

    @kiwicurls just checking in to say hi. Saw the convo about hearing aids. I haven’t needed them yet. My husband has tried several and not found a set he likes. I just say everything to him twice.
  14. S

    TKR I’m needing encouragement. Sure glad I found this place.

    @Jockette @InkedMarie I caved and took unscheduled Percocet this am. I was more worried about throwing up on PT than knee pain. I no longer see her as an angel but she’s not bad. She lightly massaged the muscles around my knee and it was very painful. it was a good session. She’s okay...
  15. S

    TKR I’m needing encouragement. Sure glad I found this place.

    I will be leaving soon for PT. The medication schedule I’ve been following to wean off Percocet isn’t working. I woke up already in pain. I’ll take 1/2 every 4 hours instead of 5. My pills will run out faster but oh well. And I woke up with a migraine. My husband is already after me about “don’t...
Back
Top Bottom