Recent content by Strod

  1. S

    THR Live Man (Still) Limping

    A minor achievement for the new hip prosthetic, managed to walk over 5 miles without stopping or discomfort yesterday, something I simply could not have done prior to the op last October. I am now officially one of the “why didn’t I do it sooner” crowd. :)
  2. S

    THR Live Man (Still) Limping

    Just a quick note to thank you all for the information and supportive forum community which helped throughout my recent THR. I’ve now been back in the office full time since 2nd December, following a phased return to working from home over the last 2 weeks of November. I ceased use of walking...
  3. S

    THR Live Man (Still) Limping

    Thanks @Mojo333 , I do hope so as we are going to Rome at the start of February for the Italy vs England 6 Nations Rugby! Plus a smattering of eating good food and drinking nice wine amongst the sport and site seeing, naturally... :)
  4. S

    THR Live Man (Still) Limping

    Thanks @EmEm, I only saw your kind message after I had submitted my 6 week update. I hope all is still going well for you!
  5. S

    THR Live Man (Still) Limping

    I have now undergone my 6 week review with both the Physio and OS. The physio assessment consisted of various exercises, strength tests, walking with and without crutches etc. Thankfully, all went well and resulted in my being released from further regularly scheduled physio sessions. I should...
  6. S

    THR EmEm starting the road to recovery

    I will happily take “uneventful” in my 6 week OS appointment next week, congrats on your report and being cleared!
  7. S

    THR Live Man (Still) Limping

    Hi @Layla, thankfully the bruising was pretty much gone 2 weeks or so after the operation, it cleared up surprisingly well. Still popping a mini aspirin daily though, just in case there is any outside chance of residual clots floating about somewhere in there. Hope is well with you and have a...
  8. S

    THR Live Man (Still) Limping

    Pretty much exactly what the physio said at the time, she also felt it given she was pushing down on my leg as I was resisting her in the lateral leg raise position whilst laying on the couch. It’s the only time I’ve experienced the sensation since the operation, so it must be directly related...
  9. S

    THR Live Man (Still) Limping

    Top of the morning to you all. Good news from the 4 week physio assessment is that I’m down to 1 crutch around the home. However, I’m still advised to use 2 crutches for another week when outside, seems like extra contingency to ensure stability now winter conditions are setting in and...
  10. S

    THR Welshgirls recovery 'Ok Fab Four here we go!!!

    Hi @Welshgirl, good to hear you are feeling positive now. As I’m inherently lazy, I hope the following link works, as this pretty much summarises my current position... https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/live-man-still-limping.43991/page-3#post-1087673
  11. S

    THR Live Man (Still) Limping

    Thanks for thinking of me @Mojo333, it was indeed 4 weeks ago tomorrow that I went under the knife/saw. I think I’m progressing ok, although its a little difficult to gauge exactly where I am or where I should be at this stage, but at least I don’t (knowingly) have any major issues at this...
  12. S

    THR Welshgirls recovery 'Ok Fab Four here we go!!!

    Sorry to hear you had a bit of a wobble recently, but very glad to hear you have overcome it and that your are progressing well again. I suspect the potential for unscripted ups/downs are an implicit part of the recovery process following a significant surgical procedure. You shouldn’t think...
  13. S

    THR EmEm starting the road to recovery

    Congrats on your recovery progress, sounds like you are doing really well!
  14. S

    THR Live Man (Still) Limping

    Reverting back to the hydrotherapy conundrum, I spoke to both the physio conducting the session I had yesterday and the OS later that same day. The physio said she has been conducting hydrotherapy sessions with THR patients soon after surgery for over 10 years and is not aware of any infections...
  15. S

    THR Live Man (Still) Limping

    We have a waterproof dressing left over from the supply the hospital provided on discharge, I will put that on for tomorrow’s hydro session...
Back
Top Bottom