Recent content by Starlight

  1. Starlight

    Had pre op Friday

    Good luck, Sandybeach. It won't be long now. Although I haven't firmed up a date yet, I have known since Jan. I would have to have a THR come spring. No turning back. I had routine doc visits unrelated to the hip in Jan. and last week and both times my BP was higher than it had ever been in my...
  2. Starlight

    Decisions, decisions

    I"m so sorry for this derailment! Try if you can to stay calm. I know that is easier said than done. Fingers are crossed for you!
  3. Starlight

    Anterior Left hip replacement

    I've wondered this, too. I already bought some things that I need NOW: a cane, and the sock thing and the reacher-grabber thing. I could use a riser for the toilet seat, too.
  4. Starlight

    Hi, almost 30 and waiting for a Hip Replacement

    Hi, Jo. I don't have your same background, but I am going to have a THR come spring. I have had lower back pain frequently since the hip "went bad" and have been told there is nothing wrong with my back. I also have thigh, inner thigh, shin, butt, and groin pain, along with the hip pain. It's a...
  5. Starlight

    pre-surgery fears and blues

    You guys are awesome! And THANK YOU, bottomshollo for my new shiny avatar! It was hard to choose among the three choices. You read it correctly: I didn't even had the get up and go to get myself an avatar. I have been riding the emotional roller coaster. One minute I am filled with resolve to...
  6. Starlight

    Upcoming THR with no family or friends to help

    I don't think it's a sign of weakness if you don't wish to go through something like this completely and utterly alone. Even if you are polly positive and strong and in fabulous spirits, I think you'd want SOME type of assistance, whether that's a phone call asking how you are, or bringing over...
  7. Starlight

    pre-surgery fears and blues

    Thanks for writing. I am so tired frankly of reading articles. I guess I crave hearing from humans who have been through it. I find it impossible really to manufacture a positive attitude. I don't believe my attitude about the surgery and how that works out is negative, either. It is neutral...
  8. Starlight

    BTHR coming soon...

    Congrats, smrt2run on your March 1 date and good luck with your surgery. I noticed your thread b/c you mentioned Dr. Mayman & I saw his name when I looked up surgeons at HSS. I have fled NYC for NJ, near friends and family, but have not ruled out having the surgery at the HSS. When you say your...
  9. Starlight

    pre-surgery fears and blues

    I started off on this forum writing about my worries I'd have to go through a THR with zero help. I now know I will be living near family and friends and that helps to know I'll have some support around me. I am meeting with a surgeon for a consult next week and his sec'y said it's usually a...
  10. Starlight

    Upcoming THR with no family or friends to help

    Thanks to all for your tips. I'm sure they will be helpful to many people. I too was surprised to be told I could not leave from my colonoscopy alone. I was told over the phone they would not proceed with the procedure if I showed up without someone with me to take me home. This was more stern...
  11. Starlight

    Upcoming THR with no family or friends to help

    You guys have made me laugh. Thanks so much. I needed that! Just a while ago I told a neighbor (again, the "why are you limping?" question) what's on the horizon and was told that so and so down the block had had it much worse than me, had had two THRs all at once, but it was easy street and is...
  12. Starlight

    THR Better late than never

    Hi, Weezie. I'm so sorry you had a bad experience. Am glad to hear you are at home and am thinking of you and sending all good wishes your way. Take care of yourself. Thank you for posting, too, during what has to be a difficult time. But you are now home!
  13. Starlight

    THR So Much Easier Than I Expected!

    Congratulations, HHH!! I was looking for your earlier post, the one in the "pre" side. Then, doing, realized you'd be on the "post" side, and you are! How wonderful to hear how your experience has been! And you've recounted everything so clearly and so well written, I am printing it out. I and...
  14. Starlight

    Upcoming THR with no family or friends to help

    Thank you, Sissy and Vida. Vida, you were wise to avoid NYC..... There is a myth about it being accessible to everyone, but it is not. It does have more and better handicapped types of busses. But not all the time. And not for everyone. I've seen bus drivers lower the ramp thing down for riders...
  15. Starlight

    One week to go...home preps

    GOOD LUCK TOMORROW, HHH! I will keep you in my thoughts! You seem like you have a great attitude and have all your ducks in a row. All the best!
Back
Top Bottom