Hi, almost 30 and waiting for a Hip Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
15 more sleeps to go!! I have an appoinment with my DR tomorrow. Ive just worked my last weekend for a couple of months at least now and it nearly did me in! ive got 7 more work days left and a weekend away planned for the weekend just before the op. My equipment came today, I got a trolley thing a perching stool but am waiting for my loo frame, its getting quite real now. Jo x
 
Hiya Jo, not long to go now, yes, it does get very real when all the equipment starts to arrive. It's lovely that you are having a weekend away before your surgery, what a great idea. :)

I took clothes into hospital but I didn't get dressed for the first three days,just stayed in my nightie, found it much easier for the toilet situations but they do encourage you to get dressed, well they did me but I resisted.lol.

You must be finding it very tough at work now, being a carer is tough enough for peeps who don't need a hip replacement so no wonder you are finding it exhausting. Not long to go now

Take care
Ann
 
Thanks for mergin the posts :) Doesnt matter they are mixed up.

Does anyone else suffer with back pain? I get bad back ache above the bad hip low in my back is that to do wtih the bad hip? will this go when ive had the replacement? I do have two slipped disks but no one has ever explored that area with me.... Thanks

I do. The first surgeon I went to kept saying there is something wrong with your back to be having back pain. But I could feel it. When I would turn, it was bone on bone and I could feel the pain creeping up from my hip in the groin area to the side of my hip and then settling in the lower part of the middle of my back. After many back xrays, my back was determined to be in good shape so I wasted many months of that and found a new doc, actually, this is my 4th.
 
Hi, Jo.
I don't have your same background, but I am going to have a THR come spring.
I have had lower back pain frequently since the hip "went bad" and have been told there is nothing wrong with my back. I also have thigh, inner thigh, shin, butt, and groin pain, along with the hip pain. It's a rotation. Right now I have a heating bad on my lower back. In my case docs have thought it was just referred pain from the hip.

Best of luck to you!! Soon you will be on the other side!
 
How are you doing Jo? Hope the pain isn't too debilitating for you. Your getting close now. When I was 15 days out things started to speed up. BTW I have back pain also. Some nights the whole pelvic area on the one side from hip to knee throbs. Soon this will be a memory for you. Good luck, I'll keep watching your threads to see how you are doing.
—Susan
 
I do. The first surgeon I went to kept saying there is something wrong with your back to be having back pain. But I could feel it. When I would turn, it was bone on bone and I could feel the pain creeping up from my hip in the groin area to the side of my hip and then settling in the lower part of the middle of my back. After many back xrays, my back was determined to be in good shape so I wasted many months of that and found a new doc, actually, this is my 4th.
Have you had a hip replacement yet? did it improve afterwards or do you get the same pain?
 
Hi, Jo.
I don't have your same background, but I am going to have a THR come spring.
I have had lower back pain frequently since the hip "went bad" and have been told there is nothing wrong with my back. I also have thigh, inner thigh, shin, butt, and groin pain, along with the hip pain. It's a rotation. Right now I have a heating bad on my lower back. In my case docs have thought it was just referred pain from the hip.

Best of luck to you!! Soon you will be on the other side!

Hi, lots of luck with your THR. I'll let you know how my back pain is afterwards, we can compare notes lol x
 
How are you doing Jo? Hope the pain isn't too debilitating for you. Your getting close now. When I was 15 days out things started to speed up. BTW I have back pain also. Some nights the whole pelvic area on the one side from hip to knee throbs. Soon this will be a memory for you. Good luck, I'll keep watching your threads to see how you are doing.
—Susan
Hi Susan, thanks for thinking of me :) 11 more sleeps to go! my meds have been upped this week so im bearing up. How are you doing? remind me how long ago you had your THR? hope you have a great weekend x
 
Hi Jo, our surgery is on the same day. I like your counting of the sleeps. :) I haven't done that yet, have just been delayed doe to the implant not arriving in time. But I am counting the number of days left to work! Just 5 left now. I love your plans for the weekend before, sounds fantastic. I have made an appointment for a luxurious back, shoulder, neck and head massage on the Monday before, and thought I might see a movie as well. Yes, back pain here as well. I knew for a long time that a THR was in my future, but never really thought about it. I was seeing an Osteo for a back condition in 2011 and was getting some improvement, but did not continue to improve as I should have done. Off to get X-rays and discovered now is the time and here I am. I'm really looking forward to being pain free and walking unaided. My back pain mainly comes from the sacroiliac joint. Yesterday was particularly bad. But not long to go now :)
 
I'm scheduled for this Tuesday, I can't wait! Getting final prep in place, feeling unusually relaxed. Hope the nerves don't kick in, though they probably will. I will post on the other side as soon as I can. I'm taking my iPad to the hospital and will report as soon as I can.
 
I'm scheduled for this Tuesday, I can't wait! Getting final prep in place, feeling unusually relaxed. Hope the nerves don't kick in, though they probably will. I will post on the other side as soon as I can. I'm taking my iPad to the hospital and will report as soon as I can.

Oh gosh thats today!! I hope that it has all gone well, look forward to finding out how you got on xx
 
Hi Jo, our surgery is on the same day. I like your counting of the sleeps. :) I haven't done that yet, have just been delayed doe to the implant not arriving in time. But I am counting the number of days left to work! Just 5 left now. I love your plans for the weekend before, sounds fantastic. I have made an appointment for a luxurious back, shoulder, neck and head massage on the Monday before, and thought I might see a movie as well. Yes, back pain here as well. I knew for a long time that a THR was in my future, but never really thought about it. I was seeing an Osteo for a back condition in 2011 and was getting some improvement, but did not continue to improve as I should have done. Off to get X-rays and discovered now is the time and here I am. I'm really looking forward to being pain free and walking unaided. My back pain mainly comes from the sacroiliac joint. Yesterday was particularly bad. But not long to go now :)

Hi, 7 sleeps now!!! it has come so quick I dont feel ready (in the sense that i feel i have missed something somewhere, not that i know what it is..) I dont know if im nervous, are you? I am so looking forward to the weekend we are off 10.00am Fri morning and back lunch time Monday, it should keep my mind busy at least! The massage/pamper sounds like a very good idea. I hope that your surgery goes well and will get back online as soon as i can to update, i think the hospital has internet so may be able to check in whilst im there. Just spending the next few days preparing the children now as its a big thing for them to especialy the eldest (just turned 6) She is worried bless her so just trying to reassure her now. will pop back on before the big day
 
I'm nervous from time to time, but most of the time i'm pretty calm. Got nervous stuck in traffic the other day, had to get grip on myself, being extremely nervous makes me want to go to the toilet. Couldn't get to one then! :yikes: Sounds like you will have a little helper and comforter with your six year old, what a sweetie.

Have a very good weekend, and good luck for Tuesday. Will catch up on the other side if not before. :)

Best wishes
Diane
 
[Bonesmart.org] Hi, almost 30 and waiting for a Hip Replacement
Jo, want to wish you all the best for your surgery Tuesday. I will be looking forward to your first post from the "other side". Don't forget that you'll need to start a new thread in the Hip Replacement Recovery Area and be sure to a pick a title that will fit your whole recovery.

In the meantime, take care of yourself----we care.
[Bonesmart.org] Hi, almost 30 and waiting for a Hip Replacement
 
If I have this right with the time zones its a little over a day until you will be on the road to recovery. Let us know Jo how it goes & good luck with your hip.
From a Joe in the US.
 
Hi Jo, good luck for Tuesday! Will catch up with you on he other side. :)
 
Jo, Tuesday will be here before you know it and the surgery will be in the past. You will do great and then you will start your healing to a new pain free life and be able to enjoy your children. Take care and don't worry too much.
 
Jo hope it all goes well. I had mine replaced last week and it's been such a difference in one week. I have five kids. Youngest 3 are 8, 7 and 4. Then 2 grandchildren. 5 and 8months. They love being able to help out. Lol. Also my mum yas an electric scooter, she keeps trying to get me to use, but I want to make sure I get the strength back in my legs... and don't think physio would be pleased with me. Ha ha.
Good luck. You'll get there and take any offers of help you can, even just the school run.... oh and stock up on ice. X

Aud
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom