Recent content by Southernbelle

  1. Southernbelle

    2021 December Supernovas - Are you having hip surgery in December?

    I thought I had put my surgery date in the pre-op area, but i must have forgotten. I had my surgery Dec 1. I guess I need to go to post-op, just wanted someone to confirm. (This is my second hip replacement, first was 6 years ago.) Thank you for this wonderful resource!
  2. Southernbelle

    THR Deep Breath Reporting for Recovery Duty

    @DeepBreath, just want to wish you all the best with your first PT appt. today! I know you will make good progress now with resolving your gait issues. And, I have all the confidence that you will keep a good watch on anyone being overly zealous. You go, girl! Yes, the prince is home and our...
  3. Southernbelle

    THR Deep Breath Reporting for Recovery Duty

    @DeepBreath, thank you for the menu suggestions at Arby's, that sounds like what I might enjoy as well. Mind you, I haven't avoided all fast food for so long, but for some reason, Arby's wasn't handy or on the radar. And, when living in Pasadena, the town is actually known for not having fast...
  4. Southernbelle

    THR Pain flare 3 years after THR

    @JennyHipcakes , found your recovery thread and I'm so sorry to hear that you are dealing with some complications! Hope you will double up on your rest and listen to what your body is telling you about how much of that you need! I had a minor infection at my incision a week post-op, followed by...
  5. Southernbelle

    THR Deep Breath Reporting for Recovery Duty

    Oh, @DeepBreath! What a beautiful girl Gracie is! So regal looking on that settee! I bet she's a wonderful companion as well. I know what you mean about spoiling them. They ask so little and give so much! All this talk about Arby's is making me think I've been missing out. I bet I haven't been...
  6. Southernbelle

    THR Deep Breath Reporting for Recovery Duty

    So glad to hear you are doing better @DeepBreath! Like you all, I'm so grateful that there is a place where people truly "get it"! There is so much more involved in this recovery than I expected. Sounds like you had a cheerful day preparing Christmas packages. I love this time of the year! Does...
  7. Southernbelle

    THR Deep Breath Reporting for Recovery Duty

    Hi @DeepBreath, I have been catching up a bit just now and wanted to let you know that you've been on my mind and heart. I had a hard time recognizing all of you with your new avatars! So cute, too! I'll have to see what I can find. I'm so sorry I missed sending some cavvie pics when you had a...
  8. Southernbelle

    THR Deep Breath Reporting for Recovery Duty

    So good to hear how well you are doing, @DeepBreath! You are so brave to tackle your second hip so soon and I applaud your courage! You are a hippie star! I also second the favorites, ice and a comfy bed! Don't know what I'd do without my adjustable sleep number and ice. Like you, I never had...
  9. Southernbelle

    THR Deep Breath Reporting for Recovery Duty

    What great news, @DeepBreath !!! So happy for you, mostly that you are moving about (without a fracture) AND that you have a room to yourself! Will be wonderful if you are ready to go home for turkey day, but at least you and your family will have a space to yourselves if you are still there...
  10. Southernbelle

    THR Deep Breath Reporting for Recovery Duty

    Hope you are in your room by now, @DeepBreath, with lots of pain relief on board and a VERY quiet roommate! Thinking of you and praying for restful days and nights. You are so kind to so many here and I hope everyone you encounter there is that way to you and meeting any need you have without...
  11. Southernbelle

    THR Deep Breath Reporting for Recovery Duty

    @DeepBreath, don't know if you will be up late and online, but I want you to know you have been on my heart all day today, and I'm already praying for your surgery, your care, and your recovery. I've spent the past 2 days fighting a tummy bug, so not upright much, but just didn't want you to...
  12. Southernbelle

    THR Jumping over a little prematurely, but...

    @DeepBreath , you let me know if you need me to remind you of that when those blues hit, I'm happy to! I have been caught unawares a couple of times by some unexpected tears and it's not a pleasant part of this recovery, is it? I can at least send you some Cavvie pics to cheer you a bit. If it's...
  13. Southernbelle

    THR Deep Breath Reporting for Recovery Duty

    Thank you, @mrbionic! I'll look forward to trying your recipe! It sounds yummy! Can't go wrong with sour cream! @DeepBreath, I giggled out loud about you recounting your final shave! Not that you were telling a funny tale so much as it made me think about all the related things we get to share...
  14. Southernbelle

    THR Jumping over a little prematurely, but...

    Thanks so much, @DeepBreath! I saw a PA at my surgeon's group that Sat. and he changed the antibiotic, doing much better now. I'm a little draggy from either the infection or the drug, but this is much preferred to all the other symptoms. Three weeks from surgery today! Yippee! I think I'm...
  15. Southernbelle

    THR Deep Breath Reporting for Recovery Duty

    @DeepBreath, what a divine line-up of dishes! Those are some wonderful ideas for adding some variety to our options here. Oh, those scalloped potatoes sound so good! Wish I had a good recipe for chicken enchiladas, I have never made them, but so love them! Feeding a 14-yr-old boy can be a...
Back
Top Bottom