Recent content by Snowysmom

  1. S

    Bilateral TKR Vancouver USA Recovers

    I am so sorry you are going through this. I agree that you need to have your son as your advocate and sign you out of the rehab. I was in rehab for 5 days and had issues with getting pain meds on time too. I only got ice when the PT got it for me. I had a family meeting on the 4th day. My...
  2. S

    Bilateral TKR Vancouver USA Recovers

    Congratulations on making it to the other side. The first few days can be tough and it is nice to have it behind you. I am 3 weeks out from my BTKR and able to get around pretty well. I went to rehab for 5 days. I think every rehab has someone who yells at night. It is a motivator to get strong...
  3. S

    Timidly stepping into the Bilateral Knee Replacement World

    I had my btkr on March 3. I did go to rehab for 5 days because I wanted to get some strength back. My DH has taken some vacation time. He now goes in most days. He stays home until the PT or nurse come in. I can get around fairly well so I can be home by myself. I do feel bad sometimes that he...
  4. S

    Bilateral TKR Snowymom's Recovery

    Thanks for the advice concerning meds and exercise. I have cut back on the exercises. I have been very tired as expected so I have been resting, icing, and elevating. I am just taking it day by day with some good days and some not so good days. I know in time I will be happy I did this but I...
  5. S

    Bilateral TKR Snowymom's Recovery

    Thanks for the well wishes. Last night was a tough one. My knees were sore after the PT left. I have to let her know on Monday that she needs to slow it down. I will only be 2 weeks postop. I am taking it easier today with lots of elevating and icing. I am also reading the bonesmart library...
  6. S

    Bilateral TKR Snowymom's Recovery

    I had my BTKR on March 3. The surgery went well. I didn't realize how much it would take out of me. After all it is orthopedic surgery which is very taxing. I had low blood pressure and low hematocrit. I needed the unit of blood that I donated. The nurses I had were great. Pain meds were...
  7. S

    Final prep before BTKR's

    You're getting close and must be getting busy and excited. . I had my BTKR on March 3. I went to rehab for 5 days. I now have in home PT come 3 days a week. I am not sure I could get out to outpatient PT at this point. Maybe you can see if you can ask the case manager about getting a couple...
  8. S

    New to the forum (Surgery Booked)

    Good choice with New England Baptist Hospital. I am having my BTKR done there next month. I found the knee replacement class calmed me somewhat as now I know what to expect. But I can see where it would be anxiety provoking too. They really go over everything. Best of luck with your...
  9. S

    MUA Blue's BTKR and BMUA Recovery Journey

    Glad to hear everything went well except for the nurse you had to fire. You stood up for yourself and got what you needed. It sounds like everything is going well again. Good news.
  10. S

    TKR JackiFL's Recovery Thread

    I have been following your recovery. You have done so well. I am having a BTKR in a little over a week. I have a question. Before you left the hospital to go home, did you have to show the PT that you could walk up and down a few stairs? I was told I have 3 goals to go straight home: get...
  11. S

    Most/Least Helpful?

    I am packing too! In our knee replacement class they recommended hard candy as the hospital is dry, chapstick, lotion, phone and charger, pad of paper and pen to write down any questions you may have for the doctor when they come in. I am also taking my nook and the shower caps with shampoo...
  12. S

    MUA Blue's BTKR and BMUA Recovery Journey

    I hope everything goes well for you with the MUAs. You have done so well with your recovery that this is just a blip on the radar screen. We'll soon be reading about how your ROM has increased afterwards.
  13. S

    BTKR coming up soon

    My BTKR is on March 3. We had hand rails put up in the bathroom, one on each wall. I have the shower chair. We found a great contractor who specializes in installing safety equipment in homes, mainly for the elderly or people having surgery like me. He is fantastic with alot of good advice...
  14. S

    BTKR coming up soon

    I went to my knee replacement class last weekend. It really helped lessen the anxiety. 2 of us are having BTKRs. The nurse and PT teaching it said I am a good candidate to try to go right home from the hospital. I had my preop assessment 2 days ago and that went relatively well. I saw the...
  15. S

    ParamedicGirl - Bilateral Knee Replacement - March 25, 2014

    I am surprised the first OS wouldn't do the surgery. My OS said that being relatively young was in my favor. He also said the replacement would last until I am very old or until he is retired so he has no problem with it. Everyone here who has had BTKR has been very happy they did it. That...
Back
Top Bottom